Questions on CWMU units

400bull

Very Active Member
This past muzzleloader season I had change to a new erea for hunting and found my self on the boarders of a CWMU unit. We talked to several hunters, forest service rangers, and a guy that claimed to be a fish cop trying to get as much information about the erea as I could. The more I new about the erea the better I could hunt it. Each person we talked made comments about the CWMU unit, verry few of those comments where possitve.

which brings me to my questions about CWMU units. If everyone is so unhappy with the CWMU units why does the DWR have them? One thing that I could never figure out with all the people that we talked too is how does the DWR benifit with these units?

I know that some memebers of MM are owners of CWMU units. I don't want any of them to think that I am attacking them in any way. I am just trying to figure out why people are so unhappy with these unites and how they help out the DWR. It may just be the unit that I was next to that everyone seems to dislike. Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

Thanks
400bull

The fast down and dirty answer is the state gets to sell a few thousand more permits than they would otherwise.

-DallanC

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$............

I think in theory it is suppossed to create an opportunity to control game in an area or attempt to create more "trophy" opportunites by working with landowners. Obviously with these "trophy" areas money can be generated. But just like anything else the DWR touches it has turned into a money grab. So those people paying big $$ to hunt them often get preferrential treatment over those that get a CWMU tag through the draw. AT least that is the major complaint I have heard on MM. I've fessed up before that my family owns land and participates in the CWMU and I believe the idea is a good one...BUT...again we go back to the DWR. There seems to be no control and very little help for those that have encountered problems. If the DWR doesn't get control of things soon CWMU's will go downhill faster and faster and a program that has the potential of being something good will end up in the trash...I'm not holding my breath considering the DWR's track record. I live in AZ and really don't know a lot about it so I'm not pretending to be an expert but I'm just sharing my thoughts based on what I know.

CPSANDMAN
"The Buck stops here...I hope!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom