Quick Release

adamsoa

Does anyone know of packs that have a quick release system for bows or guns. I know that Eberlestock has some but does anyone else? I like the idea of having both hands free to help me hike but also being able to get to my bow quick. I missed a nice buck last year hiking in. We werer in a rough spot and didnt really expect to see anything down that low. He was in the trail in front of me and by the time I got my pack off and bow out it was too late. Im just looking for a good system to avoid this in the future. Also due to some shoulder surgery I dont like to have the bow in my hand all day.

Thanks

Andy

respect my authorita

Depending if you have a cable guard rod sticking out the backside of your bow there is a slick ball swivel that mounts on that rod and hooks on your pack. I use a small loop of parachute cord mid way up the front pack strap which allow the bow to hang at arms length at your side, always on the ready to just cant the bow out wards and lift and it is free to draw and fire. I use them on my older Matthews ultra max and my newer dxt the kit comes with an arm that attaches to the cable pulley arm and works the same way. The ball has a slot in it that the loop of chord slides inside and then there is a locking feature that twists to lock the bow onto the loop so it cannot fall of in rough country or heavy brush. I will try to come up with the name but just start google serching bow carriers or hangers and you may find it. I think it came out of Michigan
THX
BB

WildTech Bow Sling by Balcom is the name, I do not use the shoulder strap, like I said I used a small loop of parachute chord and tied a tight knot and set the ends with a match google WildTech Bowsling by Balcom

The Wonder of Archery - weighs less than 2 ounces, sturdy, scent free, tangle free, corrosion free. Hands free climbing, hands free for glassing, rattling, grunting or ranging. Hands free for cold weather sitting. Arm relief when standing, stalking, sitting. Hands free for walking to and from your hunting stand. Hands free for walking your 3D course. Left or right handed. Virtually indestructible. Noiseless. Does NOT impede movement or shooting. Adjustable to fit over lightweight or heavy winter clothing.
WildTech Bow Sling by Balcom
(barrell hook attaches to blow stabilizer bar)

Click here for more pictures of the WildTech Bow Sling in action
I love mine and I've tried them all
BB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom