Quill removal

tworivers

Real quick .... home remedy's to help with porcupine quills.. anything help get them out easier?? Suggestions welcome!

cut the tips off before pulling....to deflate them

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Take your time and get them all out, be careful not to brake them off. If it gets real bloody keep washing it off and don't get in to big of a hurry. Its a bad deal, good luck.

Thanks I have heard of vaseline or mayonaise? Only two out of 3 dogs... so better than what could have been.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-09 AT 10:49PM (MST)[p]Check real close inside their mouth and along the gums. I had a dog get into one on the 8th of Aug. and I must of missed one because 2 days ago her lower face was swolen real bad and broke open and we had to fish out another quil.

d13r lmao! and he's right cut the back off the quills and it'll release the barbs

I've been reading on this site for a few years now and only started to post but, This is the best post yet!!! Sorry Stinky, Slam, Red, CaElk. But I've been there before! Infact, as I type this there's an obvious, un-mistakeble scent lingering on a windless night in my neighborhood as my 7 year-old Ausi just learned for the first time that, "The black and white kitty cat smells like **LL". I couldn't resist. I just got home from work and pulled in the driveway and seen it cross with her lokin at it funny. All it took was "Where's the Kitty"? And off she went. I hope someone will see the humor in my post? Stinky, Are ya with me here?

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

Only one quill was bad, cutting the quills helped, i had a dog get into one 3 times, the last we had to take him to the vet...My female had the most the male only had one quill, the pup was smarter. Glad to know i am not the only one that finds the humor in the kitty... The dogs 6 cats 0 they also have a couple squirells not bad for some bird dogs

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Years ago we had a dog get dozens of quills in her. Had to wrap her up in a canvas tarp and have two of us lay on top of her while my Dad pulled them out to keep her under control. After 2 or 3 months, my sister petted the dog and felt something sharp by her ear. Turns out the quill had traveled from her mouth/face all the way to her ear and was coming out! Crazy stuff, and if they get in the wrong place say good bye. Good luck with the pooches.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

yeah they are fine you would never even know anything had happened to them

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom