R & K Hunting co. utah ?

manny53

Long Time Member
does anyone know this outfit looking at their elk hunts, spendy buy are they worth it...thanx Manny

They are great people.
I have not hunted or worked for them, but I know them as people and they are top notch.
Daniel and Ted are good peeps ?

Great people, good hunters and nice lodge. Cheaper and higher quality bulls than Three Forks in Colorado.

Great people, good hunters and nice lodge. Cheaper and higher quality bulls than Three Forks in Colorado.
Three forks ranch is unreal, it blew my mind when I saw it.
You're paying for that ridiculous lodge, not quality bulls, that's for sure.

Agree with above the operation is top notch. As far as elk go, I would try and go from the 15 of September to around the 5th of October. You can expect a great experience, and some days during you’re hunt that you will be in absolute rut fest’s. Size wise, lots of big 5 points with some small 6 points to look over. They of course have some bigger bulls 320+ type, but I wouldn’t go into the hunt with those expectations or you will be disappointed. Beautiful country, great outfit, great accommodations, great food, lots of bugling elk.

A guy at work bowhunted with them in 2018. Arranged hunt thru Cabela's tags, told him his hunt was a rut hunt (hunt started 9/4). They did squat to put him on an elk, he saw one bull a mile away during his hunt. The guy felt that repeat high dollar clients were taken care of, he was not. Ripped off for $8500 plus tag and travel. Buyer beware.

Hmm, the time I’ve spent around them everyone in camp seemed very satisfied with the experience. Not a person in camp that didn’t have a very good shot opportunity at at least a 5 point bull. Most in camp had numerous opportunities. Like I said if you are after a 320+ bull, the odds of hitting that goal are slim. But if a 5-6 point would make you happy, the hunting is very good. They also have a very high rate of return clients, that ought to tell you something. Guys aren’t coming back if they don’t have a good experience. Not trying to talk you into anything, but they are a highly regarded outfit for a reason.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom