R There Nice Whitetail in NM???

JFWRC

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-12 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]You bet.....would love to see others Whities out there? Finally after five years of hunting Whitetail only, I got my dream buck. He broke off his G2 on the left beam. Would have loved to see the buck that broke it.

5269cswhitetail2012.jpg

Holy Cow Jim. Those bases, trash and brow tines are sick. Got to be one of the better NM WT. Did you score it yet? 160 170?? with all that junk on it?

Thank you and yes....I'm on cloud 9 with this one. I am hoping to see if others have some pics of other big whitetails from NM. I know I've seen a few.

Paul "as is" gross is 164.5. He lost about 9 inches of G3, see the white spot on left horn. If he had that point and it was the same as the right he'd be at 173.5.

This picture shows the spot where the G3 was. I plan on getting it put back.

1242cswhitetail2012.2.jpg

Stud buck Jim that is the stuff of dreams are made of . I sent you a PM as well for a side bar conversation.

I guess I should start looking closer to home. Got the whitetail bug and have been driving to Colorado or Kansas for last 5 or 6 years. Got my best buck in NE Colorado a couple of weeks ago (photo below). Grossed around 146, very happy about it, just too bad it's a 1200 mile round trip. Someday I hope to get a shot at a buck like Jim's, but it ain't likely to happen.

722p1020743mod.jpg

JRABQ, I don't know where you are driving from in NM (I am guesing Albq), but Oklahoma would probably be closer. Western Oklahoma can make for some good hunting at a much lower price for the tag anyways.

Wow that's a huge WT. Hope he breed alot of does to pass those genetics along.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Jim Welles, and his buddies totally destroyed uint 9!

He only sees $ signs!

He went from elk to antelope to now whitetails!

He is a used car salesman is about all!

What are the better units for whitetail herds? I've heard there in eastern NM but there is a ton of private land out that way

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom