Rabbit hunting

Perty Scarce around here the Last couple Years!

They Run In Cycles!

We've got enough Predators to Take care of what's Left!

Kinda Like The Deer!

Our spots are plenty empty. Went out this afternoon and not one. They'll be back and we'll move on to other areas.

Tularemia causes a 7-10 year cycle in jack rabbits. There was also a bad virus that wiped most jack rabbits in Utah last year. Numbers are down and almost zero where we hunt them.

Yuba area has enough to keep a barrel warm.

I look for eagles and hawks sitting on fences or poles.
See those and you're in business.
There are eagles and hawks on every other telephone pole everywhere that I've been and still not many rabbits around here. Considering that the local high school mascot is a rabbit you would think that if there are rabbits anywhere they would be here. They are coming back slowly, I've seen more this year than the last few years but still not many at all. Give it a couple years and they'll be back.

On another note who the he!! would ever want to be a rabbit? If reincarnation was real the last thing I would ever want to be is a rabbit. Literally everything but a mouse wants to kill rabbits. It would suck to be a rabbit.

There are eagles and hawks on every other telephone pole everywhere that I've been and still not many rabbits around here. Considering that the local high school mascot is a rabbit you would think that if there are rabbits anywhere they would be here. They are coming back slowly, I've seen more this year than the last few years but still not many at all. Give it a couple years and they'll be back.

On another note who the he!! would ever want to be a rabbit? If reincarnation was real the last thing I would ever want to be is a rabbit. Literally everything but a mouse wants to kill rabbits. It would suck to be a rabbit.
HEHE Delta. I remember many years ago Richfield students hanging dead jack rabbits on just about every fence post from Delta to Richfield before a football game

HEHE Delta. I remember many years ago Richfield students hanging dead jack rabbits on just about every fence post from Delta to Richfield before a football game
Fortunately I wasn't raised here in Millard county, I live in Oak City and when people ask where I live I just tell them thirteen miles east of the rim of hell (Delta) it's easier than explaining where Oak City is. I have heard the story about rabbits being strung up before a game. My kids go to Delta High but I still can't root for the school. I went to Pine View until I got expelled and then did my Senior year at Kearns:devilish:

Eagles and hawks on every other power poles are part of the reason the rabbit population never seem to come back to the highs of the 1970s.

Hardly any down here. We run the sage brush and the west roads all the time and ain’t seen much this year. They’re on the lowest part of the cycle right now where I’m at.

Fortunately I wasn't raised here in Millard county, I live in Oak City and when people ask where I live I just tell them thirteen miles east of the rim of hell (Delta) it's easier than explaining where Oak City is. I have heard the story about rabbits being strung up before a game. My kids go to Delta High but I still can't root for the school. I went to Pine View until I got expelled and then did my Senior year at Kearns:devilish:
You expelled! Who would ever thunk. ? ?

I'm like Slamdunk. I've been waiting for the 7 year cycle to cycle back up for 30+ years now. Some things will never be like the good old days!

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom