RAD-78L powder for 338

I

idaho

I have a large amount of this and have not been able to find a load table for it I shoot mostly 250gr or 200gr hornadys another number on the container is 7383 the data I do have is for 223 / 30-06/and 308 it shows to be very slow any data or info would be a great help

i've never heard of RAD-78L. but 7383 is listed as spotter/tracer powder for a .50cal machine gun. doesn't sound to me like anything i'd wanna use in one of my rifles. where'd you get it? i've gone to hodgdon h-4831-sc in all my larger caliber rifles. there are a few powders that you can get a little more velocity out of if you tinker with them a lot, but this way it keeps it simple. use it in everything from my '06 to a .375 h&h. use 4350 in my .270 and varget in everything else. but again, i've never heard of this stuff and couldn't find anything on the net on it. be careful, what ever you do.

thanks for the info I bought it from a surplus dealer in Spokane for loading for my AR 15 need to keep cost down and it works but Ifind myself burning more in the 338 than the little guns like a box or two a week so cost is become a factor I have been using 4350 to work great for me to thanks Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom