Rage Broadheads

nmgarman

Just picked up a barely used Switchback and was thinking of changing to these heads. Has/does anyone used/use these and what do you think of them. I know, I know, EXPANDABLES PHOOEY!! These just seem to be different from the rest of them.

I agree with you, they do seem different, I just picked up two packs of the two-blade last month and am shooting the practice tips that come with it. I hope these practice tips are more true-to-life than Muzzy's. I tuned in last year to my Muzzys and went from the practice blades to the real blades and it was a 6 inch difference at 30 yards.

I used these heads last year and killed my buck with them.

All I can say is WOW, the buck was quartering away at 60 yards and the entrance hole was 4"s wide(I had the 2 blade head) My cousins buck had a 2" hole.

My buck ran about 80 yards and layed down and then I jumped him up and he ran about another 60 yards, he died in about 5 min. My cousins buck went about 120 yards.

I have found that the practice heads are right on with the bladed heads.

One thing that I wasnt to happy with is that if you do shoot one of the bladed heads into a target its hard to get it back to the pre shot position, and it dosen't shoot acuret every time.

But the practice heads seem to fly well.

I would recomend them, and plan on useing them this year.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

The Rage Broadhead is made under the same patent as the Snyper Broadhead. They are both excellent mechanical choices. Field Logic distrubutes both of them. The are unique in the way the blades are deployed. The are totally different from the first generation fold forward type mechanical. Chuck Adams is actually promoting the Rage. Read his latest articles in Bow and Arrow Hunting where he now recommends the Rage mechanical. The way the blades are depoyed eliminates all of the issues the first generation heads have. More Pro's are starting to use this new design. Randy Ulmer has shot the Snypers for years. I use both of these heads with more than awesome results.

Yes! Used a Snyper on an elk before the Rage came out. They do a great job on elk. Total pass through and a giant entry and exit wound. Elk went down within site.

I have taken deer with the Snyper and Rage. Both are great. I think when I try the new Piston Point, Snyper and Rage will become a thing of the past. Check our their web site. You will see what I mean.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom