Rain/antler growth

patea

Was wondering about moisture in unit 15. My son has youth tag there. It's super green in s Colorado

Should be a great year for antler growth in the entire state. Lots of snow up north. River are roaring and it's been raining off and on. Anybody been in 16A lately?

Haven?t seen this much moisture here in a very very long time. Normally May and June are the driest months before the monsoons hit and we have been getting a lot of moisture. Should be at maximum for antler growth

Very wet May up north had 2" of rain and 3" snow at my place. Had .2" last year in May. Weeds are 2' tall and looks like a wet June coming. Think with all the feed this year Antlers should at Max.
And very low fire danger. Keep it going.
Jack

I used to work with ranchers in SW New Mexico for many years. Precipitation means everything to them, so they watch it like a hawk. I remember the old timers telling me that when you got a lot of rain in May and June, the monsoons were weak or non-existent. It is good to see the moisture, and I hope it continues right into a normal monsoon!

Drove between 52 and 51A on the way back from Taos, still 4' of snow at drift and shady places.

Green, green, green everywhere.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom