Rain?

Yessir! ! The animals have been robbed in the early growth stage the past several years, not getting quality feed til mid to late July in time to finish them out, with a Gila elk tag in my pocket I'm getting pretty excited.

Big Bulls and Bucks have Big Antlers... That said the rain can't hurt. I have had the wettest May in probably 40+ yrs. at my place. 3.5" so far in May!!
Jack

>Big Bulls and Bucks have Big
>Antlers... That said the rain
>can't hurt. I have had
>the wettest May in probably
>40+ yrs. at my place.
>3.5" so far in May!!
>
>Jack
Wow,That's a bunch.
Only about an inch in May so far at my place.
But way more in the surrounding area in spots.
One rancher in Fence Lake got 1" in an hour last week.

Elk are very healthy looking is all I can say....and glad I have a bull tag this year.
I might just have to put one on wall finally with this years growth..so far.

Up here in northern NM we seem to be getting rain every day. After hearing that rain makes their racks bigger I'm getting excited for the upcoming season!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom