Ram Tough

JB1975

Very Active Member
Interesting situation.

IMG_3914.jpeg

I have a mechanic buddy who said it’s pretty common. These campers are damn heavy and for whatever reason the dodges are really takin a beating.

I’ve been a ford guy my whole life and got a Ram for the Cummins, megacab, and ram box. It’s been the best pickup I’ve ever owned. It’s made in Mexico, so you know it’s built by a hard working mother f’er who shows up and does his job right. I am to the point anymore where if I see made in America on something I shy away from it.

Yeah, nobody tops Mexican craftsmanship...

Unless there's more to the story, even with a weak frame that camper obviously has way more overhang weight than any pickup is good for.

Yeah, nobody tops Mexican craftsmanship...

Unless there's more to the story, even with a weak frame that camper obviously has way more overhang weight than any pickup is good for.
Those campers are north of 6000 pounds. I have the little brother version of that one and it’s honestly to heavy for my truck. I’m not sure what the weight of that exact one is but it’s a toad.

I think that camper is like 7k pounds, the owner read the brochure that said the truck could have up to 7k payload. He missed the part where that was a single cab 2wd with no options. His truck has like 5k payload , so he was way over. Purely operator error on this one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom