Rawlins meat cutter?

Buckhunter1

I heard there is a decent butcher in Rawlins, anybody know the name of the outfit? Hopefully will be taking them a few speed goats 10 days from now. Thanx. BH1

Trails west is the name of the meat cutter. The taxidermy shop next door is the best there is if you shoot the wall hanger.
Mike

I noticed on another post that they're for sale???

"Born in Wisconsin; live in Colorado; lay to rest in Wyoming (but not this year)"

When I was there this summer Tom Entinger the owner of Trails West Taxidermy was buying the butcher shop next door and renting it out to the party that ran it last year. So the fine quality meat cutter should still be the same outfit. That was as of August 15th or so.
Mike

Dropped off my antelope with Tom yesterday Taxidermy butchered it myself. But what a nice guy also the best I've ever seen at caping an animal and I've seen a few.

The place3 he has been and the animals he has caped would amaze you as it has me. I have known Tom since college days. It might be mention the guy has a little dirt on me if his memory is good. lol
Mike

Hey husker did you see any decent muleys on your hunt or if you have any suggestions down near Baggs PM me I live a thousand miles from the hunt area and haven't scouted it at all. Will I see your head when I stop at Tom's?

Mike

I'm assuming I should hit Tom's place vs. finding a place in Casper.

Is that the consensus?

"Born in Wisconsin; live in Colorado; lay to rest in Wyoming (but not this year)"

Sorry guys I got busy and hadn't checked this didn't mean to be rude. Tom is getting $550.00 for an antelope shoulder mount well worth it in my opinion considering the Quality. I saw a few mule deer bucks I spent roughly 10 days of scouting in Antelope area 57 and messed around 4 days in antelope area 61. Most of the people I talked to said that mule deer are struggling in area I don't know that for a fact. I'll say one thing the wild horses are certainly doing well. Although I shot my antelope in 57 61 had some monsters good luck to any still hunting that area.

driftsifter Yes my antelope is at Tom's It totally fooled me I looked at so many antelope I shot what I thought was the best on the top of the haystacks in 57. He had 7" bases 6 1/2" prongs and held mass exceptionally well but was only 13 1/2"long. Tom said high 70's not quite what I was looking for but that is how it worked out. He's probably the best looking lope I've shot but not the biggest. I'll P.M you tonight with some suggestions on Mule deer in the area also I've got a good guy that knows the area well when I get to my home computer I'll get that done.

Thanks a ton Husker I leave today at 4:00 central time I will check on computer when I get a chance. I will stop at Tom's and check out your mount or horns and if the mount is done when I see Tom this coming summer I 'll give you my critique.
Mike

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom