Re: 097-1 elk

joesikora

Long Time Member
Re: 097-1 elk

I got this tag in the LO draw not knowing anything about this state. I know I'm not very smart. I found an outfitter they look totally awesome but can't afford it. A few people on here gave me some ideas but just looking for more. Any ideas, help, as always Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks for your time Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-14 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]It looks as though you'll need to hunt the middle part of the unit that is NF because a big chunk of it to the ne is wilderness area. The sw part is almost all private land. My map shows approximately 40 square miles of NF, but a lot of it to the east looks like it's a long way from roads and may need to be accessed on foot or horseback, but that's just a guess. Good luck!

I picked up one of these tags this year as well. So far the elk are sparse and I'm not getting a whole lot coming by my cameras but some nice bulls roaming around. I have seen a lot of nice deer up there this year though. It is an odd year though it is really wet so they aren't holding near their normal watering holes. Good Luck

Thanks mass for the info. Are you scouting the Wilderness or the National Forrest?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

mass, sent you a pm.

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

maasNTrash, resent PM.

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom