Re: Game Wardens

joesikora

Long Time Member
Re: Game Wardens

Just curios if the Game Wardens out west ever put up full body deer, etc, decoys to
catch poachers?

In southern IL, when I was a kid, some of the guys went driving the back roads drinking beer just looking to see deer in the fields etc, when they seen this Huge Whitetail buck, so they backed up a little and turn the truck enough to see what it was, and the Wardens came from everywhere.
The only thing that saved them was they didn't have a spot light and the most important thing
a weapon. They did get the fear of God instilled in them by the Wardens.

Joe

?Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Yes in Oregon they do for sure. They've actually showed poachers getting busted on local news channels for shooting a full body
stuffed decoys.

That's a good way to catch them. LOL!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
-Joe E Sikora

Check this out joe!

TARDS Can't Resist!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

See that STICKFLIPPER?

He's a PISS POOR Shot!

Bessy I'm hitting the link but it's not going anywhere.
What am I doing wrong?

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Bessy I'm hitting the link but
>it's not going anywhere.
>What am I doing wrong?
>
>Joe
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

It's working on this end joe!

That's a good one Bessy and a great looking Muley.
Our Wardens would put the deer in a bottom clearing as if he was coming out to feed. They also put the deer over 200 yds from the road. We can't use high powered rifles in IL. The poachers
get in even more trouble because of using the rifles.

Bess you getting all ready for your San Juan hunt this coming season? I'm rooting for you

Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Idaho uses them all the time. Full body deer and elk, turkeys, and even grouse on the forest service roads to get you shooting on the road! Do it right , or don't do it at all. :)

Oh yeah, Cali uses them too. Some with mechanical heads, ears and tails. They have to be replaced regularly as they can only take so many rounds.

>Is that fine pencil rack buck
>what they consider ? a
>monster ? in Utah ????
>Unbelievable what some people will
>do.

They surely do!

That Buck by day # 3 in Our LE Units would be in Big Trouble!

SAD!

>That's a good one Bessy and
>a great looking Muley.
>Our Wardens would put the deer
>in a bottom clearing as
>if he was coming out
>to feed. They also put
>the deer over 200 yds
>from the road. We can't
>use high powered rifles in
>IL. The poachers
>get in even more trouble because
>of using the rifles.
>
>Bess you getting all ready for
>your San Juan hunt this
>coming season? I'm rooting for
>you
>
>Joe
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

I Can't get Excited joe!

Quality & Give-a-Damn in this State SUCKS!

I know they have a couple of mechanical decoys in the Magic Valley, it would be interesting to know how many poachers they catch a year. I have seen videos before but never a bow hunter

The game wardens I know here say that a very significant percentage of arrests they make here include a DUI charge.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-19 AT 07:12AM (MST)[p]Have had the wardens use a decoy on my family property several times.

Here are some of the low lights.

Wardens are just finishing up writing a ticket to one guy when they see another pickup approaching. The wardens quickly get back into there hiding spot but are still in full sight of the approaching pickup. The hunter in the pickup sees the decoy, comes to a screeching stop and fills the decoy full of holes. As the wardens are writing him up they ask. "didn't your see us driving over the hill." The hunter replies, " I saw you, I just figured you were running this buck out for me"

Another hunter after being confronted by the wardens. Explained that he knew the landowner and that he was sure that he would have been given permission to hunt if he had asked. What he said was true. Didn't excuse the little problem of shooting from the county road.

One time the wardens were setting in their hiding spot and they spot a group of hunters hiking on ridge a half mile farther out from the decoy. The hunter stop to glass and spot the decoy in the valley below them. They put together an elaborate sneak and get to with in a few hundred yards of the decoy. The youngest in the group "a teenage boy" takes a good rest and shoots the decoy. No harm no foul as the hunters had permission to hunt. One small problem. The teenage boy had filled his tag earlier and was shooting on his dads tag.

Really makes you think when you grant permission to hunters

I'm sure all departments use them. Here in Wyoming, I heard of a fellow that figured out it was a decoy after watching it for a couple minutes. He slipped out of the truck and crossed the ditch( in Wy, you need to be 30' off the road) and went under the fence. He began blasting away at the decoy. When he stopped to reload, the wardens finally figured out what he was doing, and ran to stop him and save their decoy! He was perfectly legal!

I've watched them on TV as well. There are some real dumba$$es out there...

Here in mi they tried usuing a wolf decoy locally i saw it one night and knew sonething wasnt quite right. As far as i know they never busted anybody but a lot of people figured out it was fake even heard someone walked across a field acting like they were gonna go pet it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom