Ready To Let some Air Out!

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-02 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Bura Nut,

Spent a couple hours at Ben Avery yesterday, so the .264 is now anxious to let the air outta something.

My 40-yr.old son and I will be heading down to 36B the day after Xmas. Talked to Frank Morales this a.m., and he will be joining us for a couple days.

The plan is to have Frank find a good buck for my son since he's never killed a really good Coues. That likely will involve them hunting high while I meander around in the lower hills that are more attuned to my 40+ year smoking habit. (g)

I know you'll be off to Mexico, but if anyone else happens to be in the unit, stop by for a shot of coffeee or....

We'll be camped somewhere near Sycamore Canyon, either at the main trailhead on the left side of the Ruby Rd. heading west or on the right side near or just past the corrals on the Hank's Tanks road before the bridge.

I'm driving a red/burgundy Dodge Quadcab with a burgundy shell and towing an old Ford red pick-up bed trailer with a white shell on it. Our camp is a 16'X20' "tent" (custom Cosco canopy) with a beige roof and silver sides. It will have a stove pipe near the front door.

-TONY

OutdoorWriter: Glad you got the scope situation settled. I got a feeling you and your son are going to kill a big one. I cant hardly wait to leave on my trip either. I am going out today or tomorrow to re-dial in the scope just to make sure I am not 4" high at 100. Tell Frank I am really sorry I didnt make it to the Kaibab, I really wanted to be there. Have a fun and safe hunt....... Allen Taylor......

Darren,

No problema. BTW, I noticed your mention of "Antlerboy Epperson" in another thread. Any relation to my friend and guide Randy? Perhaps his son Josh? -TONY

Well, I purposely sighted my .264 just short of 4" high at 100. (g) That'll put my 140-grainers dead-on at 300.

-TONY

OutdoorWriter,

Yes, I was talking about ol' Josh Epperson. He asked me to post some pictures for him. Randy, and Josh and I have guided for the same outfits.

Darren

I have never met Josh, but Randy and I have been having some interesting email and phone discussions over the last few moths.

I killed a huge tom with Randy in the Sycamore Wilderness Area many years ago. -TONY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom