Really?

bbright2

So it appears that I didn't draw in NM...but my oldest boy drew a late season GMU17 deer tag and late season Antelope tag east of 285 (NE portion). While not the best of the best tags, he'll be out there in his first season. That's pretty cool - lucky dog.

Congrats to your son Brad, looking like I'm shutout again. Are you really an elk hunter if you never get to go? Take care and Good Luck to your son. Nothing better than hunting with your children. Later Baker

Hey Stevie any potiners for unit 17 on where to look for elk come Dec. We will be headed out starting Aug. but need some ideas where to start looking. Any good camp areas too?

Thanks,

NMhunter88

Elk Hunter - Yes You Are

Baker,

Long time no talk Baker. I hope you are building points to get back to CO. Still holding out for the same unit or want to slum on my side of the hwy? Hope to get drawn there next year.

Pretty excited about my boy getting tags drawn. He will be 10 and just recently passed the hunter safety class. He's pumped which makes daddy really happy. I'm 0-for-18 the last 4 years in NM draws and each year I think I'm lowering my standards with the units I'm selecting. I've been lucky in other states so hard to complain. Just didn't work out this year for me. Sad that things are changing for NR so much next year. Not sure if I'll be able to afford to play in NM.

I don't know about you, but I see those CO mountains with elk running about when I close my eyes and think elk hunting. That's what makes us elk hunters. We have the bug and are blessed to have fond memories to fall back on. Like you though, I'm ready to create some new ones!

BB

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom