Realtors offended by my elk mount

nmwapiti

I am renting a place and the landlords decided a couple months ago they needed to sell it. The realtor brought a bunch of other realtors to see the house and apparently quite a few of them were offended by my elk on the wall. I told him they could sit and spin!! Elk is my religion!

Too bad for them...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Tell Em to take a Hike!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I had a realtor tell me I had to take down my mule deer mount once when I was selling a house...I said your fired and went to a different agency..Sold my house two weeks later to a hunter!!! F'm if they don't like it.....LOL!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I had a buck hangin in the garage once when my house was for sale, the realtor showed the houseto a couple that loved it until they went to the garage. The lady told my realtor she COULD NEVER live in a house that had a innocent defensless animal hanging lifeless in the garage. When my realtor told me that I had lost a sale due to that buck hanging, I told her that B!TCH didn't deserve my house anyway, it took me eight years too draw the tag for that buck.....

The last house I sold the agent told me I may want to consider taking down the mounts . I thought about it for a second , and decided I would take my chances and leave all the mounts up .

The lady that ended up buying the house was a little old asian lady and for some reason she wanted the sale of the house to include one mounted antelope . For some reason she wanted just one specific mount , but of course I wouldnt let it go . I tried to get her to buy my gun safe for half price so I didnt have to move that pig again , but she wasnt falling for it . In the end she bought the house and I kept my mounts .

When me and my wife bought our first house I could picture dead animals all over the wall because the guy selling it left his there!

WTH do the bunny loving realtors expect us to do put them in storage??

Dogs and cats living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!

>I am renting a place and
>the landlords decided a couple
>months ago they needed to
>sell it. The realtor brought
>a bunch of other realtors
>to see the house and
>apparently quite a few of
>them were offended by my
>elk on the wall. I
>told him they could sit
>and spin!! Elk is my
>religion!

if a realtor came to my house right now ide have 5 deer heads, 2 euromounts, 4 ducks, 4 fish and a turkey and 2 deer rugs. and i aint taking them down for nobody

Rugburn & company had a realtor freak out on them once when they were trying to sell the chubhouse but I think it was for something hanging form the ceiling.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

First off, I must tell carter to go f himself. Secondly, the reason for that comments obviously stems from my profession as a real estate sales person. Not all agents that sell real property are known as Realtors. If you are a Realtor, you have joined the Association of Realtors.
You are all correct in your opinions on keeping your mounts where they are. Some/ A lot of non hunters don't understand our passion. They haven't a clue.
I have never asked a client to remove ANYTHING of value from their home. I probably never will.....unless it was anything having to do with racism. The reason your agent has requested that you remove any mounts or evidence of "killing" is for YOUR protection of YOUR investment. You are selling for a reason. If the expert YOU HAVE HIRED suggested that you do something that will help you sell your home, they may know a bit better than you. If a doctor tells you to not do something, you don't do it....FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION. Maybe some don't have tact when they ask...maybe they don't understand your passion. However, they are asking that of you because they know it will help the sell-ability of your home. Thats all.

Carter- go f yourself, you plick! :)

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Wis, I am renting and am not the seller. I am a real-estate appraiser and know more about real estate than most. That's why I am so ticked! I keep an absolutely clean house and have nice furniture, etc. It's a big enough inconvenience already to make the house available for showings and what not and then to hear that some people are offended by my decor just sends me over the top. I see the inside of 4-5 houses a week that I appraise and see more of people's personal items than I care to discuss. The bottom line is I am there to do a job and do it right. I don't appraise someone's house for less if I see something in their house I don't agree with. I look at what matters and do my job. As SALES PROFESSIONALS, realtors need to keep their mouth shut and sell the house, not rip on the occupants decor. Very unprofessional IMO. A true professional would sell the attributes of the house and say, wow look at thing on the wall. Not my cup of tea to hunt but its a beautiful animal. And move on. I don't buy the notion that having an elk on the wall makes the house any less marketable. It boils down to having the house priced right. Period.

Several years ago we decided it was time to move... neighborhood going to cr@p, and we were running out of room. Our house was very nice and well kept up though and I did a lot of upgrades to it. At the time I probably had only 11-12 shoulder mounts and probably 20-25 small game/bird mounts. We were referred a realtor from a friend. He came over to look at the place and about had a heart attack. He was b!tching and complaining that the place would never sell unless the mounts were put in storage. I told him no way am I removing all my animals and if someone can't see past what the place would look like without the mounts then so be it. Basically HE dropped us before we had a chance to sign with him. Next day we found a new realtor... the house sold 4-5 days later for $5k over asking price. After the sale was complete I personally went to the original realtors office and let him know he lost out. We had a nice discussion :)

+1 wisard.....

my brother was my agent when i sold my last house, he is a hunter and suggested i pull my mounts down....i did not....it sold pretty quick, the new owner said that the mounts made a lasting impression and made it easy to remember....it sold my house..

NAR guy...hey, you ever think of selling stuff like that on EBAY?

>First off, I must tell carter
>to go f himself. Secondly,
>the reason for that comments
>obviously stems from my profession
>as a real estate sales
>person. Not all agents that
>sell real property are known
>as Realtors. If you are
>a Realtor, you have joined
>the Association of Realtors.
>You are all correct in your
>opinions on keeping your mounts
>where they are. Some/ A
>lot of non hunters don't
>understand our passion. They haven't
>a clue.
>I have never asked a client
>to remove ANYTHING of value
>from their home. I probably
>never will.....unless it was anything
>having to do with racism.
>The reason your agent has
>requested that you remove any
>mounts or evidence of "killing"
>is for YOUR protection of
>YOUR investment. You are selling
>for a reason. If the
>expert YOU HAVE HIRED suggested
>that you do something that
>will help you sell your
>home, they may know a
>bit better than you. If
>a doctor tells you to
>not do something, you don't
>do it....FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION.
>Maybe some don't have tact
>when they ask...maybe they don't
>understand your passion. However, they
>are asking that of you
>because they know it will
>help the sell-ability of your
>home. Thats all.
>
>Carter- go f yourself, you plick!
>:)
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I've sold 5 homes that I've owned (3 of them I sold prior to becoming an agent) and I've always had at least one mount up. It was never mentioned to me by those that represented my wife and me that I should remove the mount(s). I feel as you guys do...I wouldn't remove it if I was asked to. Just as in any profession, you will have those representatives that don't hunt or take the more liberal approach that it will or HAS to offend someone.
I'm pretty surprised that there has been so many posters here that have been asked to remove their mounts.

I'm staying away from ebay for a while.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Really! Lets get of the Realtor kick. I have been a Realtor for over 15 yrs. and wife for 27 yrs. I have never heard of, or have ever asked someone to take a mount down. We live in Idaho, maybe thats the difference. It's an individual preference.

John

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-12 AT 06:19PM (MST)[p]My buddy is trying to sell his house here in SF also Wapiti.
His realtor also asked him to take down his mounts.
I now have his elk and three muleys sitting in my gameroom till his house is sold

My daughter lived in SF NM and I understand why a mount may be asked to be taken down...lots and lots of tree huggin, anti, liberal, peta freaks in that town!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom