Rebuiding Bows

bigbrink

I have a Hoyt MT sport that I bought in 2000. I'm looking to up grade but I was thinking of keeping my Mt Sport riser and just replacing the limbs and cams to newer versions. Has anyone ever done this? Where can I get the parts?

Just go down to your local shop and they should be able to order you whatever you need. The problem you might run into is the fact that some bows only had a certain set of limbs for that specific bow. Which I am thinking your going to run into. The limb pockets may be different as well obviously the cams and string/cable lengths. Hoyt limbs i know are about 100-200 bones depending on if they have to make them or not... Might be better off just buying a new bow.. Again it may not be able to be done in the first place.

----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

Cost prohibitive. You will spend too much on an outdated bow IMO. This would be like putting hot new tires and rims on a jalopy. Your money would be better spent on a new or slightly used bow. Technology has come a LONG way since your bow. You will be blown away with how much better new bows are.

I've got the 2000 Hoyt Magnatech. I think it is about the same bow, but a little bigger. How do you know when the limbs are bad on them? Still shoots great. I guess I might have to upgrade sometime.
Big Brink, you don't happen to have BRINK on your license plate do you?

I'm not sure when to tell if your bow is worn out. Mine still shoots good, I just wanted something better. Brink isn't on my license plate but I've always wanted to put it in there....someday.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom