Recipes for Antelope

Arkie55

Ok, now that I have a cooler full of fresh Antelope, I'm wondering how many recipes I can beg form you guys. We cooked some stakes on the grill and they were great. We also cooked a roast last night and it was real good too.

So, I would love to see some recipes. List them all guys. Steak, chops, burger, and roast.

Well, the meat from my lope is just fine w/out much extras. Just sprinkle a wee bit of garlic powder and some salt & pepper a couple of minutes before the steaks go on the grill.

I shot an antelope in Nevada in the end of Sept. and had some backstrap in a frying pan yesterday. I also try to mix things up a bit because there are only so many ways to eat game meat! I cut it into about 1/2 inch steaks, fry it in butter and onions. Sprinkle your favorite BBQ salt on it and cook it medium. It was soooooo good! My kids and I eat the hell out of it. Too bad it all can't be backstrap!!! Even the other cuts fry up nice, just got to cook them accordingly.

I'm also gonna try cooking it as "chicken fried"....never tried it but talked to a guy who said to tenderize the meat real well and roll it in flour/season salt and fry it. Can't wait to try it.

Steve

Mix it with pork sausage,makes for some real good breakfast sausage.
I usually grind a doe all into hamburg.We love it in chili and spagetti sause.The only thing I leave into steaks is the back straps.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom