Refunds

>My two boys didnt draw anything
>either so i'll be waiting
>for thier refunds.

Yeah, my son was very upset. He was so happy after passing his hunter's safety exam.

I guess the word is out that all the best tags in this state go to the youth hunters and odds are getting worse. Now everyone is bummed when they have to settle for an unlimited number of gila cow elk tags.

Wait till they turn 18 and won't even be able to draw a cow elk tag!

Yes, Im jealous! :) I wish they would have had trophy Ibex, Bighorn, Oryx, VV elk tags etc., when I was a youth.

My boys(10&12 yr old) were unpset as well. This was their first time entering the draw. We were out hunting turkeys when i told em that they didnt drew for the hunts and they were upset. .....but as we were walking back to the truck, my oldest harvested his First tom at 15 yrds. No clue how he saw him but he made a perfect shot while running.Both were very happy at that and they will be tagging along with me since i drew a unit 6 deer tag.

After 5 years of the big red I stopped even mentioning the draw, just put em in and tell them we didn't have the money to try this year. Stil doesn't help me much.lol

With all due respect, You guys need to take a class on how to apply in NM. There are decent undersubscribed hunts every year.

There is no reason a youth hunter cant draw at least a deer or elk tag every year and should be able to get both most years.

Time to lower your standards from needing 400" bulls and 200" bucks and just learn how to use the draw odds and your 3 choices.

You guys that had kids that did not draw, make sure you take advantage of the youth encouragement hunts and the leftover tags.

Great stuff NMG&F does.

Dang302- I wasn't planning for my boys to harvest a 400"bull or. 200" buck. I applied their choices as I thought I had a chance for them to pull the tags. Plus I knew that if they didn't drew, I had a chance of purchasing a youth encouragement tags.
NMPaul- those are some great tags that they offer...might have to try in your area this year,if available

With all due respect, I don't recall asking you for advice? I am a NR, I won't spend my money flying to NM for a undersubscribed hunt. If I was looking for a undersubscribed hunt, why even put in for NM, when there is CO?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-13 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]>With all due respect, You
>guys need to take a
>class on how to apply
>in NM. There are
>decent undersubscribed hunts every year.
>
>
>There is no reason a youth
>hunter cant draw at least
>a deer or elk tag
>every year and should be
>able to get both most
>years.
>
>Time to lower your standards from
>needing 400" bulls and 200"
>bucks and just learn how
>to use the draw
>and your 3 choices.

Dang
You better check your stats before posting. There were only 11 any elk tags issued to NR DIY youth hunters last year and over 150 applicants. None of them were "undersubscribed".
If you are referring to cow hunts, NR's aren't allowed to apply for antlerless tags.
I think these other posters know exactly what they are doing.

My boys didn't draw either, but our family has had more than our fair share of luck in the past.

Got mine today as well. I bought my son a 30-06 Win 670 this weekend from my boss for $200 and the rest of my refund went to buying baby stuff this afternoon. My first grandbaby came into the world yesterday morning and she's awesome! :) I may have a new fishing and hnting buddy in a few years.

LOL well still nothing this way. maybe they said I didn't draw but really did, oh well a boy can dream!

got all my refunds on the 25th...i was still having slight hopes they would keep my money for my elk tag but it was false hope...

got the unsuc email but they still haven't got the refund back on the card yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Anyone know how long it takes to get refunds if you paid by electronic check? And how the refund will be issued?

All $5320 refunded...put back on the card . Not one tag drawn for me or my brother and sons.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom