region A Deer help

bingo

Me and a buddy drew Region A deer this year. Anyone out there willing to give some advice on areas to hunt? Public or private or HMA/walk-in? We would be willing to pay a reasonable tresspass fee for a decent area if we need to.
Any advise or help appreciated.
Thanks much

Call the Sundance Chamber of commerce ,they will have a list of ranch's that allow hunting for a fee.
You can also try the National Forest east of the Devils Tower,I was there on a vacation and saw some nice bucks in there.

I hunted A a couple years ago. Public land is a circus but we were able to get a few bucks. You'll see a lot of nice bucks on private land so if you can afford to pay the trespass fees, you'll likely do better. However, if you are going to go public, we had better luck NW of Sundance in Black Hills v the Black Hills on the SD border. There was a lot of snow up there the year we went... bring chains.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Bingo I have hunted A a few years now. I have hunted all over the black hills and have taken a few nice bucks. They are there if you work for them. Here is a list of landowners near newcastle if you want to hunt that way. Most are very reasonable for tresspass fees.
http://www.newcastlewyo.com/landownr.html

Good luck!!

I'm new on here and was searching the forums for info on Region A. I just called the Sundance Chamber of Commerce and they no longer provide a list. She said that so many landowners had gone to leasing to outfitters that they quit trying to put it together.

My Dad and I will be out there the first week of November. We went 6 years ago (he goes almost every year) and we hunted the Black Hills Nat'l Forest and I shot a nice 5x5. Lot of deer and turkeys and antelope to be seen. Just have to get off the roads and back in the hills.

Good luck.........

Mark
Middle Georgia

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-08 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]Region A holds some nice bucks ,but they need to start season a couple weeks earlier,the time I was there ,we got dumped on by snow and high winds.Spent more time trying to get arround than hunting.

Mark Id love to see a pic of that buck! I have hunted the black hills the past few years with good success. I have been waiting to draw the south dakota tag so I can really get into the black hills and hunt!

Andy

I've hunted the Bear lodge a few times and had some real good hunts. I hunt close to the 15th as I can. ya the snow can be a pain but that also helps the hunting, Seeing 5 to 10 bucks a day is the norm.

this is a buck from 2 years ago.
IMG_1294.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom