Region D Whitetails?

southslope82

I am not real familiar yet with alot of the area in region D
But what are my chances of seeing a whitetail there?
Or do you need to be farther east to see white tails??

A couple years ago I saw a spike buck run across a field while we were driving to our hunting location one afternoon. We see whitetail does and little ones hanging around town, (which is all private ground).

There are whitetails in Region D south of Casper. I'm sure they are scattered though and you've got to find out where they like to be. My guess is that there are pockets of them in certain areas. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

Steve

Its really just wanted to know out of curiousity. Is it alright to shoot one if you were to see a buck I haven't researched enough yet, to know if it is okay to kill one a whitetail or not if I was to cross paths with one.

I found whitetails on the north side of the Shirley Mountains While antelope hunting,nothing big but did see a few of them.

Rem308- I'm hunting near Leo/Miracle Mile and that's about 15 miles north west of the Shirley's. That's where we've seen whitetails but very few of them.

Check the regulations and make sure your tag specifies which species of deer you can shoot. It may shoot antlered mule deer or could say any antlered deer. Gotta make sure you're legal.

Steve

There are lots of whiteys along the North Platte, higher up river. Around Saratoga they have some good quality bucks, but as mentioned, it is all private.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom