Region G bucks, when will they...

F

Flatlandr

strip their velvet?

I'm heading out for the 15th rifle opener and it just struck me looking at all these velvet bow bucks that we might be shooting bucks in velvet. I've always hunted Muleys in Oct, this will be the earliest rifle hunt for me. Will I be chasing velvet covered racks or hard horned racks?

Most will be sheded allready but there is a chance you might get one. See you there.

Last week, opener of archery, Sept 1st, we saw no bucks stripped. Sept 2nd we saw one stripped, sept 3rd we saw 4 stripped....if that gives you any indication.

Thanks fellas, sounds like they should be mostly stripped. I would prefer it that way actually.

I was up there last thursday and a lot of em were stripped. I would think most will be clean by Tuesday!

tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

The majority will be stripped, that's good it makes counting the points from a distance easier if they are still white. LOL

Good luck to all that have tags up there this year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Just got back from scouting seen over 25 buck's all were stripped but 2 and they were 2 pts.

Wac
What was the biggest one's you saw up, there any bruisers.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Gator. Well ive got good glass and pretty good at scorein on the hoove i would say 2 would go over 180 mark and their's lot's of 150 to 160's running around. Look's like we will be gettin some serious weather. Really not lookin forward to the pack or mother nature. GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU SMOKE A BIG 1.

Cant wait for some reports. Today is the opener for many of the units. Alot of hard horns should be hit'n dirt.

The kid got his buck today in region h.still in full velvet good looking buck.Been wanting one in velvet myself.guess i'll keep trying.They should all be hard horned time i get back up there.O'well

Hey clausepeak, I heard the fog was so thick up there that your kids buck ran right into a tree when it was trying to get away from you. Then when you were trying to take pictures it woke back up and almost gored the kid. Then you had to slit it's throat. Sounds pretty crazy. Congratulations cody, you are a great hunter. LOL

Region g report was bad weather for first couple day's lot's of deer ended up takin a 26 inch four pt not my dream buck but was happy to be done. Those hill's are steeeeeeeeeeeep.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom