region h fire

patea

i have a region h tag and was wondering if the fire will affect anything it looks like region encompasses several units and it would be impossible for the fire to affect ore than a couple of them. am i correct and will the animals move back in the burnt areas if it rains and grass sprouts. or is the fire too hot and it takes longer to recover. i guess I'm wondering how a guy like me prepares when I'm 1200 miles away. is there anybody from the forest service or game division that might help with some info when the season gets closer and we see how much burned.

It depends if your hunting Hogback if your not on that side I wouldn't worry about it.

That particular fire will probably still be burning mid Sept. From what I've seen the plan is to let the snow extinguish the fire. That could be mid September, but more likely mid October. For sure critters will move away from the fire; will they move back right after the fire is anyone's guess.

In the long run I think this fire will be a good thing for the habitat/feed in the future. Hopefully it's not burning too hot.

>It depends if your hunting Hogback
>if your not on that
>side I wouldn't worry about
>it.

Do you mean Hoback or Hogback? I just want to clarify because I've got a region H tag too ha

Cliff creek fire is all but out. Read today gonna start sending fire fighters to bigger fires. Glad they got her controlled before season starts.

The firefighters may be headed to NW Wyoming. There is a new fire just West of Crandall, Wyoming. It is burning between Squaw Creek and N. Crandall Creek behind Hunter Peak. They have already issued an evacuation order for homes in the area. This could effect Unit 106 for deer and 51-1 for elk.

just sayin...mh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom