Region J Suggestions?

ultra7mm

I want to hunt with my son (Uof Wyo student) so I was successful in drawing a Region J buck tag. I'm coming from Utah and don't know what public land is available. Are there good public areas or should I be looking for landowner tags? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
MS

I would look to acquire some private land to hunt. I've hunted just east of Glenrock on Burkes place and saw very few deer each time we hunted it. We also hunted Boxelder and saw no deer but talked with guys that had either sex tags and they shot does. At the game processor, we saw some really good bucks that came off of private land. Call F&G for a list of landwoners that may allow you to hunt. Good luck!

Steve

We hunted region J for the first time last year and saw tons of deer. We hunted all public land and as long as you stay away from the roads you will start to see some bigger bucks. We were around Laramie Peak and saw 20-30 deer a day. We got off the road about 4 miles and I took a 28 inch 4x4. I won't be going back for many years so I can tell you everything I know.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom