region m

I've hunted M for 20 years and the only way I would tell you to hunt it is if you can get access to a ranch. That is very difficult because most have the same hunters every year or only allow relatives on them because of low deer numbers. The Region looks good as far as public land if a person just picks up a map. However, units 164 and 36 that comprise a huge percentage of the Region have very few deer. Unit 35 just above 36 is almost all private property owned by the Orchard Rnch and it has been leased out to SnS Outfitters since back in the 80s. The seasons in 164 and 36 are short and 36 still has a point restriction and it's a bucks only unit. The remaining chunks of public land, other than some along the east side of Hwy 434 going south out of TenSleep, are hard to access because of private holdings and the lay of the land to get to them or hunt them. Deer numbers are way down and NR tag numbers were cut a few years ago from 1500 to 1000 because of the decline. Last year doe tags were completely eliminated, other than a small number just for private land in one unit. As a result of everything I mentioned, the Region always has a large number of leftover tags. If I didn't have access to a couple of ranches out there that also landlock some public properties that I can hunt, I wouldn't be hunting there either.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom