REGION W

K9

First trip to wyoming to hunt mule deer. I haven't seen too many posts about this region. Any ideas? I'm staying in Dixon and I am considering the Muddy Mountain and Battle Mountain areas.

Be there for opening day,maybe even a few days early.Scout and make a plan.I saw a giant muley buck at Muddy Mountain while antelope hunting there in 2007.The area gets alot of pressure ,but a good buck is possible ,but you will have to hunt hard.

The winter of 07-08 was really hard on those deer. Expect to see a crowd and some semi tough hunting. Get into rough country and you could find a big one. And if it was me, I'd come the last few days and pray for a good snowstorm. Fewer hunters and a little winter weather could make the end of the season more fun and productive.

Thanks for the posts. I was in this area in 07 but hunted across the border in Area 5. Saw alot of deer. I hunted south of Craig last year and made me sick seeing so many winter kills. I hope this year looks a little better. I've considered trespass hunts but my contacts are either no longer doing it or giving the deer a year off to recover. I would love to catch some weather late in the season but I will be there a few days before opening day and hunt the first week.

Have any of you guys hunted in unit 131 in this region ot is that area better suited for antelope?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Accubond- I have hunted this region a couple of times, but for antelope (area 92). Although I've seen a few deer, it does seem to be better for elk and antelope hunting. (good luck trying to get an area 100 elk tag!) The few places I've seen deer are Steamboat Mt., the Oregon Buttes, and of course around the cultivated fields in Farson. Best of luck to you. 270.

Anyone had the opportunity to scout this region? Just curious how the numbers look this year. I know it was a much milder winter. My scouting will be limited to a few days before opening day.

10-4 roger jackson....I'll send you an email saying I sent a PM asking you to call me .....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom