Reissue list hold up?

What happens if there are no hunt codes available for this week?

If there are no hunt codes available for reissue this week, the reissue preview list will get a blank report with the following message: “There are no reissued licenses scheduled for release this week. Please check back”.

That's not the current message posted.

I was able to defy the gods(bots) and got a mediocre archery elk tag at 11:08. This system makes no sense but I’ll take the tag

Did it take you that long to get the tag in your cart? Or did you log in after 11am.

The reason I ask is I am wondering if they were still loading tags that far after 11am.
Correct I dunno what the deal is. Maybe they do add them from 11 on. It wouldn’t make sense but we are talking a government entity.

Congrats unless it was the one I was trying to add to my cart lol. I got past the first screen but then couldn't add to cart. Hit the wrong button and it was gone...
I was after the Unit 3 tag, but ended up with 214 tag. I was happy either way as I have access to a decent buck in the unit.

Yeah i saw that i just never saw them hit the purchase list there were 9 the week before had one in my cart but wasn't quick enough to secure the purchase.

I am now wondering if I should have keep trying incase they hadn't been loaded yet. What a joke this whole ordeal is, trying to figure out how to have a fair chance/lucky chance to get a tag on a public list.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I am just hoping for a fair chance to pick up a tag. I don't think any of us need an advantage, but now it appears that the reissued tags are not necessary instantly loaded on to the left over list.

This is bshit and doesn't have to be this way.

The irony is I'm mad and I still picked up a tag - Go Figure.

And we are all upset about the preference point creep and several people picked up tags that were 5-12points depending if you were a resident/non-resident today that cost them ZERO points.

It’s a broken system for sure. Hunters can just sit on their points and build and snag a hunt off the reissue. I would think things would be different if you had to burn points for reissue. Nevada takes your points and I know it makes hunters think about before they buy it.
Anyways, here’s how I got my tag, I went all in and put a code down for all 4 choices on elk. I started hitting confirm about 30 secs before 11. Of coarse I had to remind the server I was in fact not a robot several times. At 11:08 my second and fourth choices turned white. I was in such a routine of hitting the button I didn’t realize what happened. On the next reset only my second choice was white and I was able to get it in my cart and pay for it.
I’d be curious, since tags are getting grabbed several minutes after 11, are tags randomly getting added to the list instead of all at once? Or are these tags that are getting picked up later because someone got them in their cart early and then changed their mind and it repopulated back to the list. ?‍♂️ Either way it’s a mess

"Nevada takes your points and I know it makes hunters think about before they buy it."
Calirado doesn't want you to think about it, they just want you to give them you money!

Can someone confirm if I understand the process? Around 11:00 the reissue list is moved to the leftover list and you have to select from the leftover list. There is really no way to know when the move happens, right?

Correct. It’s a gong show! The site says as close to 11 am as possible. 2 weeks ago it was several minutes after 11 when the preview list moved over. It’s unknown if all tags are transferred at once or released over a period of time. I have seen guys get tags as late as 11:13 and the tag I got didn’t show a a available until 11:08.

Even California has proposed a system similar to Nevada for reissue tags and to move people through and burn some points

If you happen to put in multiple choice hunt codes and then they show up on your screen to "add to cart", do you then have to select from the choices which tag you want or can you add them both to your cart and then choose which tag to get?

I've tried every week. I still haven't had a tag in the cart yet. And I try to do an easy zero point 2nd season tag. Darn competition is fierce.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom