Remington .300 WSM Alaskan Ti

robinsg61le

Anyone had a chance to use this gun? I'm considering buying one but would like to hear any thoughts.

Anyone have one for sale?

I'm not familiar with the Alaskan Ti.
I have a Christensen Arms Remington 700 Titanium 300WSM.
Christensen Arms sell the rifles with the Carbon Fiber barrels.
I really like the rifle, it's light about 5.5 lbs without the scope. I haven't weighed it with the scope. I have a muzzle break on it, even though it's light the recoil isn't bad.
It's very accurate.
Hope this helps.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Not the .300 WSM but am familiar with the Alaskan Ti. I've had one since last April - its a 25-06. I really like this gun a lot. I put a Leupold Mark 2 scope on it - its a 3x9x40 with their Long Range reticle. If you have never seen that one you might try it - its really nice.

Anyway, as far as the gun it has become my favorite, it balances perfectly - lightweight action with a somewhat heavy barrle make it point and shoot great. Sometimes lightweight rifles are harder to shoot accurate - not this one. I never thought it would replace my Remington Custom Shop KS Mountain rifle in 280Rem but it has. I only shoot factory ammo and this one will group between 1/2 and 3/4 inch at 100 yards with factory Federal 100 grain TSX ammo.

Remington charges too much for them but hey they are a nice set-up. You might want to check the post on 24hourcampfire, this question came up and a guy has a 300WSM that he took to Alaska for moose and caribou - he also likes his.
Good luck of you get one, you will be happy with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom