Remington 700 ML

O

Orion6x6

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the new Remington 700 ML that takes 209's? I'm looking to get a new muzzleloader, and have always liked the 700 action in my centerfires. Right now, I'm debating between the Remington, the new Winchester, and the Knights. Any input would be appreciated.

Orion

Orion6x6: My rankings of the three that you are looking at are this way:
1. Knight
2. Remington
3. Winchester

Have you looked at the Austin & Halleck?

No, I haven't looked at the Austin and Halleck. Do you have experience with it? What type of action does it have? Also, why do you rank the others the way you do?

thanks,

Orion

Though I don't have a Winchester, I do have a Knight and a Remington and agree with Bluelk that the Knight is #1.

Orion6x6: I base everything I say on personal experience. I learned a long time ago to never take anyone's recommendations when it comes to muzzleloading.

Back in February I did a full-blown analysis of the Austin & Halleck .50 cal with 209 ignition, stainless steel barrel, bolt action and posted the results of the analysis here on the site. Look back and see if you can find it.

BlueElk,

I read your report on the Austin and Halleck's in your Muzzleloading 102 thread. Thanks...it was a great report, and very informative. Did you purchase your rifle directly from A&H?

BlueElk,

I found and read your report on the A&H's - great stuff. It was very informative and quite usefull.

Thanks,

Orion 6x6

Orion6x6: Several manufacturers send me their rifles to test and write reports on.

BlueElk ,

I was looking at the A&H on the Bass Pro Shop webpage, and they sell it (BLACK/NICKEL, .50 CAL,1 IN 28" TWIST)for $319.88, on sale. Couple of questions for you though...

1. In your opinion, is that a good deal?
2. They sell a 209 conversion kit, so I assume the rifle doesn't come equiped for 209's from the factory? Is it difficult to install the conversion kit? The kit is $40.00.

thanks for the help,

Orion

Orion6x6: My understanding is that it is a kit that gives you the 209, musket nipple, and #11 nipple. The one I tested came with the 209 already installed, and the musket/#11 as extras. I would say that the 209 is worth the $40.00. They are so much hotter than the other two that it isn't even funny.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom