remington 870 ?

nmelkman

I have a newer remington 870 12 gauge that shoots 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells. For some reason i bought some federal 2 3/4 shells for shooting trap and they keep getting stuck in the chanber after i shoot them, i can get them in and out just fine when they are not fired and i bought some three inch remington shells and not one of them stuck in there. Any body know what could be cuasing this. Are they just cheap ammo and expanding after they are fired?

There could be a problem with the ammo. Buy a different brand of 2 3/4 inch shells and see if that cures the problem. Winchester trap loads might be a good one to try.

RELH

I had a similar problem and switched ammo and its been fine. I also fully disassembled and clean the action and trigger assembly. Wow was it a dirty mess. Seems my shotgun gets abused and neglected a lot.

A guy that I work with had the same problem with his gun not sure of the make. He got different shells and now works fine. He also gave the other boxes to me to try in my beretta A391 extrema and they worked fine for me so like cahunter said maybe it just needs a good cleaning.

I had a similar thing happen to me on my Mossburg 835. After fighting it for a while I called Mossburg to see what they would recommend. They told me to send it in to them and they would have a look at it. About three weeks later I got my shotgun back with a note indicating that one of the extractor claws had warn out. I have not had a problem with the shotgun since.

400bull

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom