Remington XCR vs. Remington SPS Stainless?

dgwoody

I'm getting ready to buy a new rifle. I'm a bowhunter, but want to have a rifle around again for coyotes, draw tags, and to learn more about long range shooting. My question is pretty much in the title, is the XCR worth the extra dough? I don't have a lot of money to buy a gun here and another there, so I'm buying what I consider to be a good all around caliber, a .300 win mag. I had a 7mm a year or two ago, then sold it to buy a horse. I'm told the .300 is a little more diverse balistically, but could still be talked back into another 7mm if someone is convinced it is better. Thanks in advance for the tips.

I've never had a SPS Stainless, but own an XCR now. Stainless can still rust although it's tough to get it to. One my elk hunt last year we had quite a bit of snow for a few days and I just through mine in the case without any problems. Everyone else had to oil and wipe down at the end of the day.

I would get the sps and I think it can be had with the new trigger. Then invest in the best glass you can afford.

I don't know much about the new trigger, but it could save having to get a trigger job done later.

I wouldn't spend the extra bucks on the XCR over an SPS Stainless. But, my rifles never see blasting saltwater. mtmuley

I wouldn't spend any extra on the XCR either, if you take care of the stainless it will take care of you!

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom