Research groups for applying for tags

cacklercrazy

If a guy is luck to go on one hunt a year and doesn't have the jack for a high end guided hunt does it pay to play with these outfits like epic, gohunt, Eastman taghub. I usually put in for a couple states every year,but many times just for pts. Many years I don't even have time to hunt my own home state.

You can get huntin fool for $3.99/month, Toprut for $20, Gohunt for $150.

I have access to all of them, used all of them for an antelope hunt this year, and in the end it all came down to the "synopsis" of the hunt quality, and ability to draw the tag. And the synopsis that carried the most weight came from a friend that hunted it, not the services.
% public land didn't mean much, success rate didn't mean anything, buck/doe ratios meant little to me and all of that info was readily available from the job completion reports on the WY game site.
If those statistics carry more weight for you then a service may be of value. It all depends what you're going to use to make decisions.

I subscribe to Epic, HF & Toprut for info but I do all the applying myself.
I usually apply for 6-7 states every year, I enjoy the process so I would never let them apply for me.

We subscribe to epic and go hunt. Being able to call the Epic guys is awesome, but I really like the go hunt website for research of boundaries and draw odds. Its easier than looking up all of the states individually, even though I always do anyways to check the accuracy.

We subscribe to epic and go hunt. Being able to call the Epic guys is awesome, but I really like the go hunt website for research of boundaries and draw odds. Its easier than looking up all of the states individually, even though I always do anyways to check the accuracy.
I might be a little confusing on how I asked this question. Is it worth it to join one of these groups if you might only go on one hunt a year. I know their full of information, but I get so busy with the business that some years I can get away.

It depends on whether or not you understand all of the different states application processes. I see lots of people who are saving points for hunts they never will draw or catch. Most of the information is available on the states websites. If you know all the processes, keep on the changes and have a plan it probably isn’t necessary for one hunt a year. Most people don’t have a clue what they are doing and are throwing money on applications and points that will never pencil out or will result in a tag you want in the end.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom