Researching Cougars Podcast

slamdunk

In 22 They Said There Was 1600 Adult Lions In DRATville!

So?

We Can Open Season On A Species And Them Numbers Increase to 2300 For Adults!

But We Can't Raise The Numbers On Other Species!

I Can't Wait Till Wolves Invaid This State & Every Cougar Kills 9 Deer Just To Keep The Wolves Behind Them Far Enough The Lions Can Eat Dinner Theirselves!

Yes elkantlers!

They Say There Is 380K Deer In This State!:mad:

I hate to interrupt a good rant with stats or data

there are currently an estimated 335,000 deer in the state.-. DWR May 5, 2023

I talked to a guy while out helping on an elk hunt 2-3 years ago. One of the guys there helping worked with some of the collaring of lions here in Utah. He said that if you believe the DWR that there are approx 3000 lions in Utah, you are naive. He was no professional, but with the amount that they had treed and collard along the wasatch front, he said he believe Utah has more that 5000 cats. This last year out hunting, I bet I came across lion tracks in about every time I was out hunting in about every canyon, almost.

Did You Find 9 Fresh Kills On Any Given Day Where The Lion Was Staying In Front Of The Coyotes Far Enough He Could Eat?

I talked to a guy while out helping on an elk hunt 2-3 years ago. One of the guys there helping worked with some of the collaring of lions here in Utah. He said that if you believe the DWR that there are approx 3000 lions in Utah, you are naive. He was no professional, but with the amount that they had treed and collard along the wasatch front, he said he believe Utah has more that 5000 cats. This last year out hunting, I bet I came across lion tracks in about every time I was out hunting in about every canyon, almost.

Did You Find 9 Fresh Kills On Any Given Day Where The Lion Was Staying In Front Of The Coyotes Far Enough He Could Eat?
I found plenty of dead stashed deer and elk last year. I saw plenty of coyotes too. One thing I did see was quite a few lion tracks with kitten tracks last year.

I don't have a clue how many lions there are in this state, but I do know one thing!

Anyone that sits and complains nonstop about mule deer numbers declining and then tries to say stop killing lions is a giant DOOOSH!

Can't have it both ways.

For Somebody That Admits He's Never Been In The Woods Enough To Ever See A Lion Must Be A TOP NOTCHER At Knowing There Are Millions Of Lions In This State & Blames One Thing & One Thing Only On PISS POOR GAME Herds!

EASY Niller!

Easy!

Your Blood Pressure Is Rising!

Again!

I don't have a clue how many lions there are in this state, but I do know one thing!

Anyone that sits and complains nonstop about mule deer numbers declining and then tries to say stop killing lions is a giant DOOOSH!

Can't have it both ways.

Don't give yourself so much credit Bessy. You couldn't get my blood pressure up if you were holding a prime Cindy Crawford swimsuit picture up when you went on your illogical and nonsensical rants!

You sure like to make stuff up though. Never figured you for a liar...

PS- You seem like you have a guilty conscience on this one. I didn't mention anyone in specific. Does the shoe fit?

Last edited:

Can't have it both ways.
The estimate from a year ago was between 5000-7000, glad to see it's much lower.

At 5000×52 deer a year is 260k deer which really does seem impossible.
Even cutting that number in half is an astronomical amount of dead deer.

Even losing 60k deer a year to lions is way too many.

Last edited:
Well Niller!

I See You're Back To Calling People Names Again!

You Can Call Me Alot Of Things!

But LIAR?

You Must Be So Use To Dealing & Working With The People You Deal With On A Daily Basis Calling Them All Liars You Think You Can Label Anybody You Want As One?

You've Probably Been Lied To So Much With Your Job You Think Everybody Are LIARS?

Your BS Stops Here And Just About Now!

Ya I've Been Known To RAZZ & BS Alot Of People Over The Years All In Good Fun!

But LIAR?

You're Gonna Have To Come Up With Something Better Than That!

Don't give yourself so much credit Bessy. You couldn't get my blood pressure up if you were holding a prime Cindy Crawford swimsuit picture up when you went on your illogical and nonsensical rants!

You sure like to make stuff up though. Never figured you for a liar...

PS- You seem like you have a guilty conscience on this one. I didn't mention anyone in specific. Does the shoe fit?

Well here is the deal bessy, if you keep making crap up, what do you want me to call you?

I'm happy to use a different word if you can give me one that fits. Please advise!

Or, you can quit making crap up. I'm comfortable either way.

But back to the original intent: Don't complain about deer numbers and then whine for the poor kitties. It's beyond ridiculous!

Says The Guy That Admits He's Never Seen A Kitty In The Wild But Boasts BS Assumptions On How Many There Are?

Like I Said!

Get About 49+ More Fixes Going & You Might Help Some Deer Numbers!

Maybe You Could Get A Committee Going?

Study This Sshitt Again For Several Years!

And Still Wonder Why Big Game Animals Are Not Doing So Well!

Yes!

Lions Kill Deer!

Lions eat Deer!

And They Have Done Forever!

When You Get Them All Killed Or Slightly Before That Happens You'll Have The Antis/Activists All Over Your Ass & You'll Probably Get All Hunting Shut Down With Your Wishes!

Carry On With Your BS!

Well here is the deal bessy, if you keep making crap up, what do you want me to call you?

I'm happy to use a different word if you can give me one that fits. Please advise!

But back to the original intent: Don't complain about deer numbers and then whine for the poor kitties. It's beyond ridiculous!

Oh boy. Now the cat's mad.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 165414.png

Just Like I've Said For F'N Decades!

Most Will Single One Issue Out Of The 50+ Problems & Stick A F'N Feather In Their Hat Even When It Doesn't Work!

Maybe a different word could be (miss spoke,) like our wonderful president says.

I Never Said I Was Trying To SCARE You!

Trying To Talk Some Common Sense In To Your THICK F'N Head!

So?

You're Gonna Kill All The Lions Huh?

No You're Not!

You Haven't Even Seen One Yet!

But I Just Read Where Bux Has Seen Piles Of Them!

Maybe Team Up With Him & Start Thinning Them Out!

I Don't Know How Many Is In A Pile?

But He's Saying 'PILES' Not Just A Pile!

He Could Probably Teach You Some GATHERING Skills AS Well!:D

And yet previously in this very thread:

I guess “liar” it is!

And bessy, you don’t scare me. You’re soft! Have my Dew Zero ice cold, por favor!

So PUNK?

Can you Get Us Some Real Numbers?

Let's Go Mid-Range Within Last Years Numbers You Posted & Say 6,000!

Let's Minus The 2,300 They Claim There Is Today!

I'm Not Very Good At Math!

But I Did Get An A Once & Never Cracked A F'N Book!

We Be Missing 3,700 Kitties In One Year!

Will Somebody Pull The Number Of Kitties Up That Were Harvested Last Year?

The estimate from a year ago was between 5000-7000, glad to see it's much lower.

At 5000×52 deer a year is 260k deer which really does seem impossible.
Even cutting that number in half is an astronomical amount of dead deer.

Even losing 60k deer a year to lions is way too many.

Maybe a different word could be (miss spoke,) like our wonderful president says.

When you give someone the benefit of the doubt and try to allow them to do differently, and then they continue to do what they were doing, does one continue to give them the benefit of the doubt? Or do you just let them be what they are?

Asking for a friend, of course!

Bessy isn’t dumb. Bat poop crazy, maybe, but he’s not dumb. I have to believe his repeated falsehoods are purposeful because of that. So what does that mean?

Maybe we can organize an intervention for him?

The Newest Info I Can Find Is For 2021 & That Surely Isn't Fresh!

If I'm Reading It Right There Were 753 Lions Taken In 2021!

JakeH?

Pull The Numbers For 2023 Please!

Hey Niller!

Get Ahold Of hawky & Get The 2024 RIDE Scheduled For This Fall!

2nd To 3rd Week in November!

We Gonna Go For A Ride & Have A Little Talk!

When you give someone the benefit of the doubt and try to allow them to do differently, and then they continue to do what they were doing, does one continue to give them the benefit of the doubt? Or do you just let them be what they are?

Asking for a friend, of course!

Bessy isn’t dumb. Bat poop crazy, maybe, but he’s not dumb. I have to believe his repeated falsehoods are purposeful because of that. So what does that mean?

Maybe we can organize an intervention for him?

I don't have a clue how the can even estimate cats honestly, but even at 2000, that's a substantial amount of venison lost annually.

My houndsman friend who was contracted to collar lions for a BYU study, personally told me he caught and collared 27 cats across the Wasatch front from Spanish Fork to Draper last winter.

I Did Find Cougar Harvest For 2022!

Looks like 516 For 22!

And That's Not Counting The Numbers Horsecorn Talks About!:D

They May Not Have 2023 Tallied Up Yet For The 2023 Report?

I'd Guess Trying To Hunt Kitties Around The Wasatch Where People Have Invaded All Game Species Winter Grounds Would Be A Real PAIN IN THE ASS With All The Issues That'd Come With It And Alot Of Hounders Would Shy Away From That Fuster Cluck!

Weather Is Gonna Push The Deer Down!

Right In To Who Knows How Many Backyards!

It's Not Rocket Science That The Kitties Are Gonna Follow The Food!

There's Too GAWD-DAMNED Many Different Types Of People To Even Try & Satisfy 10% of Them In Todays World!

PUNK?

JakeH?

Niller?

Anybody-else?

Can Somebody Post Up The 2023 Cougar Harvest Report Please?

And Don't Give Me This BS Line That The UDWR Doesn't Have The Numbers!

Thank You!

Deer are cool. Elk are cool. Lions are cool. Bears are cool (especially the scary grizzly ones). Wolves are cool. Bighorns are cool. Bison are f###### awesome.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom