resident price for a non res w-tail tag

That way everyone can have two deer tags, because there are way too many deer in Idaho.

Allowing some residents (ie. the ones with more money) to buy a a second tag at an inflated price is not the way to treat the citizens who are paying the taxes here. After all, why would they have the tags if they cannot afford to have the deer to be shot...to screw the non-resident? Well if that's the case, now their just soaking the residents.

They sell the tags to make money, not help out the herds. The problem in this state is the number of tags period.

Nothing wrong with offering up leftover tags to residents. I'll pay the non-res fee and so will plenty of other folks.

This practice is a great idea as far as I'm concerned. Keeps those who want to hunt out in the field and F&G gets some extra revenue.........

I agree with jake i pay the price. Also if every 2 point shootin resident got 2 cheap tags every year i wouldnt be able to shoot the deer i did this year nothing would ever get to be mature. If you want to kill another deer there are a ton of extra tags they give out in controled hunts for a doe that doesnt hurt deer management. I dont know bout you guys on here but i want to have a chance to shoot a monster deer every year not in just the designated big buck units the genetics are all over our state we have taken monster after monster this year so lets make every unit a controled hunt 1 archery 1 rifle 1 muzzle loader hunt in each unit hell the archery can even be unlimited entry. I just want to be able to take my kids out to the places my dad has taken me and let them kill a great wall hanger.

"Hunting isnt a hobbie its a way of life"

I see no problem with the second tags being available. The problem I have is with the people who have two tags and take two bucks out of the same area. I know of some non-resident hunters who buy two non-res tags each year and end up killing six bucks out of one area each year between 3 guys. An area just can't support that year after year. Maybe with your second tag you shouldn't be able to use it in the same area that you harvested your first deer. I know that would be a nightmare to manage and enforce, but just a thought.

Idaho F&G has to sell those tags to have money for next years budget.The people in power who make those decisions no doubt think about their jobs before the game animals.Without money from us sportsmen there is alot of F&G employees who are gonna be jobless.Think about the serious consequences that those extra tags put on our future deer herds.DONT buy these tags and F&G eventually will have to do somthing different to insure the safety of their jobs.Hopefully they dont kill/sell our herds before somthing is done.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Ha Ha now I know why the Wal Mart parking lot was so empty today....everyone is online at MM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom