residents and non residents tags

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
How many of you guys that are drawing these great tags are residents, and how many are nonresidents? Just curious...

Good luck to all of you who drew!!!

Resident. I draw every year by putting in for the low-demand elk and deer units, and then scout the crap out of 'em...but then, I enjoy the scouting almost as much as the hunting. :)

Resident. I'd say about 80 percent of us who draw in NM are residents. Just kidding, but I do my homework AND legwork before every hunt that I draw and spend time posting and patrolling a ranch in the Gila in exchange for a LO tag when I don't draw. Basically, I spend every moment that I can either hunting or fishing or preparing for when I am going actually going to be doing so.

Hardwork and tag in hand = good luck

My family are all NR now, although all of us are from NM and our cabin in 34 was built by my great-grandfather, grandfather, dad, and uncles in the early 60's. My brother and I are the 4th generation of our family to hunt unit 34.

We don't go back for the great racks- it's the memories we desire.

Well according to the NMDGF it should be 12% non residents and 10% to non residents with guides and the rest to residents.Asking every one I know sometimes I wonder if NMDGF follow that allotment!

Resident unit 20 antelope unit 2a Jan. archery deer and unit 6c archery elk early season. I hit the jack pot this year time to get scouting.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom