Results

I guess the only thing I'll have to do with NM this year is driving through it to get to Colorado for my deer hunt!

3 big red unsuccessful's for me this year. I don't know why I'm surprised and/or frustrated though....

Barbary and elk 52 first rifle!

Best of all my 12-year gets to elk hunt this year, his first, so I am blessed!

Congrats and sorry to all!

I drew 2B Muzzy deer & 15 Muzzy elk, still bummed though as my 74 year old father didn't draw anything! we put in for everything separately.

Finally drew some tags this year! 31 antelope with my now and 34 deer. Going to be a fun year!

I just call em as I see em!

Got the good email, and will be in Paul's and Stinky's backyard...
34 Muzzleloader tags...
AZ and NM in the same year. thats hard on the pocket book...
Very happy-happy-happy

53 first cow and 50 first deer....why my friend put us in for that I have NO idea LOL. Unsuccessful on the other 3 apps I put in.

3rd choice Archery elk and after many many many years finally drew a couse boothill tag. I have never had a chance to hunt them and am pumped to go learn a new area this summer. I have heard horrer stories of the rattlers and the illegals down there.

WOW.. I lucked out..
16A Rifle Cow
24 Archery Coues
Archery Javelina.
AND
a Unit 15 Rifle ANTELOPE..

deer rifle 13 and javelina southwest. thats all i ever draw for the past five years straight. going on a private land oryx hunt in three weeks since i didn't draw one.

>15 Muzzy bull Elk
>33 Deer
>Bighorn Ewe in the Latir's
>and Javie

You got 2 of my tags! Hand them over. lol I really wanted that Bighorn Ewe tag.

Congrats!

Travis

I can't get into the NM website. must be too busy with everyone chicking results. But i did get an email that I drew an elk tag.

Looks like I drew my second choice - 16B rifle first season!!!!
this will be my second hunt in that unit.
I love New Mexico!!!!!

Skunked last 4 yrs in NM...

This year
Elk = Unit 13 3rd Archery
Sheep = 0
Antelope = 0

I love that country, especially at that time of year, won't sleep the next for the next 5 months!

Bret

Big ole RED for our entire family. Kids wife brother in law nieces and nephews. That's over 30 tags applied for. Holysmokes.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]Nothing for me. Guess I will try to find a landower tag for a cow elk.

CONGRATS & Good luck to All those that drew!!!

I be Chasin Coues again!!
Our group drew the Burros late hunt. Bring it on!
I also drew a cow elk hunt that I didnt know i put in for! Damn dyslexia! Not sure how to make that one work cause its the same time as the Coues hunt.
Nothing else green, dang it.

Wife and son struck out also. They will be going to Oklahoma to hunt Whitetail now for sure.

Drew both hunts I applied for: 2nd choice archery elk (finally!!), and January deer. Unfortunately my uncle was unsuccessful with the MI elk draw, but he just shrugged it off and said "next year".

I'm gonna put all I got into my hunts.

Well I knew my streak had to end,after 8yrs straight drawing bull tags. Be using one of my LO cow tags instead this year.Still hunting.
Did draw my local unit for deer tho,7yrs straight now on deer.

Can't believe it. 2 years 3 great tags. Drew my 1st choice rifle elk tag on the Gila this year. A little redemption is in order. This bull outsmarted us on the archery and second rifle last year. Hope he is still around!!!

7222photo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13 AT 05:03PM (MST)[p]Red here, but will still be going on an archery elk hunt.

Congrats to the lucky ones!

My wife and I drew none of ours but my 13 year old son drew Valle Vidal MB.. We are super excited for him. Him getting this tag makes it all worth all the effort.

Had a pretty good haul, 4 tags, but all 3rd choice, no "Premium" hunts;

3rd Mt Taylor mzl elk
Off range oryx Feb
Jan ibex archery (not sure I should be happy about this one!)
24 archery coues deer

Going to 52 for Elk and the boot heel for Javalina, both archery. But more importantly so is the wife!! for five years straight she has drawn not a thing, and then this year BAM! we're both going.

2b archery deer January
15 archery antelope August

My wife got OIL oryx on Stallion in September

We are very excited!!

Never been in 2b before, so I may be looking for a "starting place". Good luck everyone!

Read thru all of these and I still don't know who I should be pissed at for drawing my BHS & ibex tags...

Blank Here. First time in several years to draw a blank all the way around.

Just a little sad about that.

Guess it is time to visit Colorado or look in to another LO tag.

Yeah checked first thing yesterday afternoon... Bam!

36 rifle deer (3rd choice)
50 & 52 ML antelope (1st choice)

Super stoked even though I had RED for oryx and elk. Get home last night from buying some ammo and BAM, it hits me I applied for Valles Caldera and forgot about it. Jump online to check that and see my name on the list! Late cow hunt (2nd choice)! It's going to be a good year!

Congrats to those that drew and to those that didn't... it suck I know but go shoot some coyotes!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-13 AT 01:27PM (MST)[p]drew the dreaded reds on deer, elk, bhs, and orxy...i was fortunate enough to draw my 3rd choice antelope, NE quadrant of the state with my bow...i will pick up a leftover bow tag for deer...however, i will be in the field quite a bit...the 3 kids drew the 17 youth deer hunt, gf's son drew unit 10 cow elk, gf drew 52 bull first rifle, and i will get my daughter and nephew youth encouragement cow tags for late november/december...congrats to all that drew what they wanted!!!

My Wyoming buddy drew the 2b rifle deer tag (11/2-11/6)for the second time in the last three years. Now if the weather cooperates a little better than it did in 2011 maybe we can get him a good buck this Fall.

Nothing, look like I will have get a landowner tag now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Red across the board except for a 34 Archery Deer tag... Life could be worse. I could live in California! Can't wait to get back to NM after three years in Italy to do some scouting... 25 days and counting!

looks like a pretty full fall again for the family. Couple bull tags, youth antelope, couple deer tags, barbary tag.

First time in 4 years that i won't be hunting New Mexico. Looks like i may have to start looking into the Colorado land owner tag option.

Congrads to all who drew myself we drew elk unit 15 Bow 3rd hunt my son drew elk 15 youth and 2C deer. We also drew deer 2b 3rd hunt and Sept off range Oryx this is the best the year since the first time as a kid I drew elk.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom