RFW 4 mile ranch

S

southmountain

Any tidbits anybody willing to share on deer and elk. Not looking for the 350 class bulls wich are most probably not there so no worries on the trphy aspect but numbers and quality of the exp. Thanks much.

Since they have already said that the ranch has a migratury elk herd, oh never mind.

I've hunted 4 mile 3 different times. It's not that big in acreage and most of the elk migrate through it later in the fall on their way to winter range. If there happens to be alot of hunting pressure east of the ranch(black mountain area) you can get elk pushed onto the ranch. Your chances of getting a raghorn or cow are quite good. As for deer, when I hunted it there were does behind every bush but I didn't see many bucks. It seems like the high area on the east side of the ranch help more elk while the low areas on the west side held most of the deer. In three different trips I've only seen 2 cow elk on the lower part of the ranch. If you can hunt east and up from the Martin Call resevoir.

Good luck

daughter drew deer and elk for 4 mile looking forward to the time together any more info out thre?

It is a migratory unit, in that after it snows, up high, elk will come into it. In years past (like the last 2) there hasn't been enough snow. Last year there were very few elk. That said, I saw enough cows, and I only hunted 2 full days. I heard one elk bugle, but never saw him...but I shot at his harem. He was probably there, hanging low. BTW, I can't shoot straight...to answer your Q.

There are hot spots in there. They will try to put you on them and pray for snow.

BTW...dern few deer in there....they said high mortality the year before.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom