Rhodes Canyon Hotel

We stayed at the Desert Aire in Alamogordo. Close to Chile's, Applebys, Golden Corral and other Restuarants. Several Big name places also. About 15 miles from the Tulie Gate. Other Hunters usually stay there. Accomodations in Tularosa are limited. Nice restuarants in Tulie though. Good luck

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-10 AT 01:06PM (MST)[p]972Elk....If all you want is a warm bed and a shower in the morning the Motel 8 is fine,it is on the South end of Alamo and about 20 min from the Tule Gate, it is close to all the food joints as well. Reserve a room 2 weeks before your hunt as other hunters stay there as well during the hunts and it fills up fast. We have reservations there for Jan 30-31 hunt on Rhodes Canyon.

Good luck on your hunt!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b50ca582511b75c.jpg

We stayed at the Best Western in Alamogordo. It's not the Four Seasons but it served its purpose. Its near all the restaurants and about 20 minutes from the Rhodes gate.

Thanks for the info guys....Buzz...Make sure you post some photos when you return from your trip please..I saw your Oryx on the orther post...Great animal....What would be a realistic goal for me on my hunt???

we usually stay at super 8 or motel 6. But when I finally get lucky enough to draw a tag for myself I'm probably gonna sleep in my truck at the check-in gate!!! Good luck on ur hunt!

972Elk.... Thanks !!! Realistic goal..? any animal YOU feel looks good is a Trophy!! any Oryx 36 inches or better is a very realistic goal for Rhodes canyon there are many many animals there that are 38-40 inches. if you get down from your truck and walk like most people don't you will increase your chances of taking home a TOAD 10 fold! Good Luck!! post pics/story when you get back!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b546db0085b2398.jpg

I'll be on that Feb RC hunt too! Can't wait.

I've gathered some info but if anyone else wants to throw some suggestions my way, that would be great and I'd sure appreciate it. I'd love to know of some areas where we could get off the roads and hike in.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom