Rhodes Canyon Oryx

1Bigbull

I just found out I drew the August 25 and 26 hunt at rhodes canyon. I would appreciate any information from anyone who has hunted there before. I don't really know what to expect.Thanks in advance!

Great hunt, you will have a blast. August is really HOT, make arrangements to get your meat cared for quickly cause Oryx meat is the BEST.

After the first morning they will be spooky.

Don't get into the race out of the gate. Alot of animals get driven past in the race to get to the end of the road.

Spend time glassing and you will see them. ITs a great hunt and there is no honey holes to speak of. They move all over the place.

Read and follow the rules. They have no sense of humor about that.

GOOD LUCK!

I just got back from Rhodes Canyon, it was a great hunt. If you want specific info pm me your number and I can give you a call.

Hunted there Dec 2005 and had a great time. Don't shoot the first thing you see. Once you get away from the briefing and the Indy 500 starts, keep driving. Don't worry about what everybody else is stopping to look at. I headed north a good 20 miles or so all the way by the Oscura gate and killed a 39.5"er. Bring some good binos and a spotting scope, get up high, and do some glassing. You'll find them while everyone else is looking 50 yards off the road. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom