Rhodes Canyon Oryx

JRABQ

Going with a friend who drew orxy for this coming weekend. I hunted there 15 years ago, but I hear it's a tougher hunt now. Any tips on strategies and areas to hit first?

JR

Go to the foothills directly west of the check station. Go all the way passed the intersection at Rhodes Camp to the restricted area boundary and hunt south of there. I got mine there in March of 2008 and I took a buddy to the same spot and got one. There is some topography so you can sneak up on one and get a much closer shot than trying to chase one on the flats. Good luck .

And there's no need to run back to your truck after the briefing and haul ass down the road. Leave that to the outfitters. Oryx are lazy creatures and are most active mid-morning and afternoon. Take your time. There are lots of animals out there.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom