Rib Night

Blank

Long Time Member
Cooking outside again sounded really good. Gin and tonic sounded good too. Even saved some pepper gravy for my fries!!

Sorry about the bone - sometimes Grace for us is usually the wife saying "Good God, I'm hungry, would you hurry up and get your pictures!"
smile.gif

D6994BC2-722C-4619-BD28-37FD07550B07_1_201_a.jpeg

E5D7C54D-7105-4C89-ABE6-6739A3D4C737_1_201_a.jpeg

DD3C4067-0B07-4030-BFE3-C37CA85D1FED_1_201_a.jpeg

FB29CBFE-5630-4E22-B4D7-5AC76185C3B1_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks great. So what’s your tips for cooking ribs on a grill? Do you pre cook them before putting on the grill?

For years and years, I tried cooking my ribs on gas grills, charcoal, wood, or lately pellets. They all require the same thing - indirect heat, low temp, a watchful eye and lots of time. That's why great BBQ places run their smokers around the clock! If I only have a gas grill, I run the outside burners on low to med-low, the actual grate temp needs to be about 210-225, which on my grill is a temp of 240 degrees on that top thermometer in the hood. Have a drip pan under the meat, to prevent flare-up and burning. Place bone side down, only mop the tops until the very end, and turn once at the end to grill the sauce/meat side. I like thinner meat racks, and cook them about two hours.

Nowadays, I cheat and use the Insta-Pot for 45 minutes, then grill 3 minutes on each side. The entire family favorite now, and the thickness of the rack and lots of meat on the big end doesn't matter. . Done in one hour, or less, and can be cooked for a spur of the moment dinner, on the fly. They are perfect, fall off the bone tender, and everyone that tries them is amazed how tender they are. The meat will separate from the bones, and all leftovers are the best pulled pork you can imagine!!!

Simply clean the two full racks, remove the silver skin on the back, cut into six smaller sections to fit into the Pot. Apply your dry rub of choice, place in the pot, add one cup of water to the bottom, and cook. Pull out when done, sauce both sides to your liking, and grill. You can spend that time to get your fries, salad or slaw, and corn on the cob ready!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom