Rifle scope bubble level

Are you running a bubble level on your rifle scope?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Never used one. Thinking about getting one. Although I feel the answer is just getting close enough that there is no need for the bubble, like under 500 yards. Over 90% of my shots have been under 400 yards. However, I have been in circumstances where I have shot over 500. What are your thoughts?

I have them on my serious LR rifles and I use them when I get past 400yds. I also practice with them and I find that I tend to cant my rifle to the right if I'm not careful. That can make a big difference if I don't watch myself when shooting extended ranges.

I use them on two rifles. Very helpful especially for my kids that don’t have a good feel for the contortions they might be doing. They often hear me say “level your bubble”. Besides leveling the gun, I think it brings them back to mentally focusing on the gun and technique, rather than too focused on the rack in their scope. If it increases accuracy, then a cleaner kill is always good.

I use a level on every rifle I've owned in the last 15 years or so. Like others have mentioned, maybe it doesn't make much difference at close ranges but I am surprised how much my instincts are off in certain shooting situations. There are times I question the bubble depending on the terrain I'm shooting in...haha. Plus they kind of look cool ?.

I put one on my varmint rifle years ago and realized that I tended to cant my rifle even shooting from the bench. So I put one on my elk rifle and found that my groups when testing reloads improved a fair amount. I now have them on several of my mountain rifles because like Live4 said above, there are times when in uneven terrain I'd swear my rifle is level but the bubble is telling me otherwise.

Man, I'm showing my age! LOL

When did "using" one become "running" one? I need to stay up with the times, I suppose.

Yes, I use them on several rifles for all the reasons mentioned above. Plus, they're all kinda tacticool when you run one!

I actually don't "run" much of anything any more for fear of breaking a hip.

Old curmudgeon,
Zeke

Man, I'm showing my age! LOL

When did "using" one become "running" one? I need to stay up with the times, I suppose.

Yes, I use them on several rifles for all the reasons mentioned above. Plus, they're all kinda tacticool when you run one!

I actually don't "run" much of anything any more for fear of breaking a hip.

Old curmudgeon,
Zeke
I should have said "using" one. This is how I feel about running.?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom