Rio's and Merriam's

nmmuley

Below are some pics from our turkey season to date. My turkey season started in the state of Texas. A good friend of mine invited me to join them for a few days of chasing turkeys down around Ft. Stockton. I was fortunate enough to take two nice birds over the next 4 days. My first Texas bird was taken with my bow at 32 yds.
TXTurkey2011072.jpg

TXTurkey2011074.jpg

My second TX bird was a solo call in off the roost, sealed the deal with the Benelli at approx 40 yds.
TXTurkey2011082.jpg

Last week here in NM, my two brothers and I headed up north for a couple days of trying to run down some gobblers. Despite the strong winds, we had pretty good success. The first morning of the hunt, we were able to call two mature gobblers within range and pulled off the double.

TurkeyHunt2011003.jpg

TurkeyHunt2011010.jpg

On our last morning, we were able to sneak in and entice a gobbler to come check us out right off the roost. My younger brother dropped this bird at approx 30 yds.
TurkeyHunt2011027.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom