Ripped off!

viking421a

I was up on cedar mountain above brian head deer hunting this week. Sunday evening I put up my trail camera on a small water hole. As I am coming out from the water hole I see another hunter walking in on the same trail. I stop and talk to him for several minutes. I first asked him if he was hunting the same water because I was going to move somewhere else if he was. He said he was not and was just hiking by the water on his way up the hill further to access some meadows. He also said he was hunting spike elk and not deer. Because of how and where my camera was mounted I knew he would see it. So I told him it was there and also told him I had seen some elk sign in the area. I then offered to share with him any photos of elk I might get on my camera. I also told him of an area where I knew a large number of elk were hanging out. After several minutes of conversation we went our seperate ways.

The next morning I go back in to check my camera and it is gone. I didn't actually see this guy take it but I checked the trail and the only sets of tracks on the trail were mine and his. I could not find any other tracks. This spot where the camera was is an out of the way place that doesn't get many people. Partially because you have to come in from private property. I am shocked that another hunter would do this. I have never had a problem with fellow hunters in the past.

I am sure he or someone he knows visits this site so I am asking for any help I can get to retrieve my camera. I have my name and phone # written in large black marker on the back. It is a scoutguard sg550 camo in color. What I know about this guy is that he was driving a white toyota pickup with a matching white camper shell. He has a spike elk tag. He told me he lives in cedar city but had to be to work monday morning 08-24-09. He said he worked in st george as a welder. He is a white guy early to mid twenties about 5'10", 160 lbs with brown hair and he had his ears pierced. He was carrying a PSE bow and was wearing Scentlock pants and jacket.

Cedar City isn't that big of a town so I am sure someone knows who this guy is. If anyone will be willing to help me recover my camera I will offer a reward.

GEEEZZZ....if he has the balls to do that then he propably doesn't live near Cedar, does not work in St George and is not a welder if you know what I mean....

no kiddin that is messed up. i always carry my camera with me on my [a href="http://www.mybinocularharness.com/"]binocular harness[/a] but i guess if you were at camp it makes sense that you took it off. if i were you, i'd be pissed too.

First, everyone knows how much I love trail cams,but what is the deal. I have never understood theives. How sad it is that we can't leave the city in the city!!!! We camp in the uintahs in the summer(millcreek) and we were getting our gas and coolers stolen in the middle of the night. Not smart to enter someones camp, yes I always have a gun, but thats not the point, how sad is it that you can't leave your cooler out with it being locked down?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom