RM Sheep hunt

kk

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-11 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]I have had several people asking me for pictures and information about my sheep hunt.
I drew a Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep tag for the 9 mile /range creek unit. It was a self guided hunt but I had lots of friends and family who helped. My brother Kim and Colby were there when I got my sheep. Other friends that helped were Theron, Russell, Ryan, Zeph, Tim, Troy, Richard, Beau my dad Delvin and my wife Kehli.
It was a very tough but fun hunt. We saw a lot of sheep, and it was hard to pass up the good rams looking for a better ram.
I shot it with my muzzleloader, and the first shot went threw his ear and hit his horn (I am lucky he still has two horns!) It was a great feeling when he went down!

Here is a good ram I passed.
9952sheep_hunt_11_11_11_elliot_bobcat_041.jpg

Found this Bobcat while glassing for sheep.
5594sheep_hunt_11_11_11_elliot_bobcat_080.jpg

Other Rams
4741sheep_hunt_11_12_11_061.jpg

2 Rams that I liked.
9486sheep_hunt_11_12_11_099.jpg

A good ram we named Chippy. Because we were watching him when he was hitting heads with another ram, and we saw a big chip fly out of his horn.
9251sheep_hunt_11_12_11_116.jpg

My Ram
3948my_rocky_mtn_sheep.jpg

6331sheep_hunt_11_22_11_055.jpg

9879sheep_hunt_11_22_11_058.jpg

Kurt you did AWESOME....that is one of the BEST looking rockys i have ever seen, i knew you would shoot a GREAT ram. congrads ..... i will have to make the trip out to get my hands on him, and show you my desert....

That is an awesome ram Kurt!

Each day that passed I wondered how the hunt was going, then towards the end of the hunt I started to worry a little hoping you wouldnt settle for a lesser ram. WEll, Those good rams you passed gave you the chance at a great ram and you made it count. Congrats on a awesome ram, you put in the time and dozens of miles and earned him.

Nice!
Can we see the Bullet damage?
Were you trying to hit him in the head or was there a little Ram Fever?:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I will try to get a picture of the bullet damage and post it on tonight. They have tough horns.

That's another beautiful ram from Utah this year.
You did well and it sounds like you looked at a bunch of sheep before you found the one that turned your crank. I'd be proud of him for sure.
Good job and congratulations on your success! Thanks for sharing.

Zeke

In the horn? What were you looking at?
At least you didnt shoot him in the face like someone else i know.
Great ram...

Shoot em till their dead

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 05:39PM (MST)[p]Here is the work of the great first shot.
7556chip_in_horn_089.jpg

I did some adding up miles of my trip.
2200 miles in my truck.
430 miles on my ATV.
67 miles hiking
Floated across the Green River 5 times.
1 Bighorn Ram Priceless!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11
>AT 05:39?PM (MST)

>
>Here is the work of the
>great first shot.
>
7556chip_in_horn_089.jpg

>
>
>I did some adding up miles
>of my trip.
>2200 miles in my truck.
>430 miles on my ATV.
>67 miles hiking
>Floated across the Green River 5
>times.
>1 Bighorn Ram Priceless!

Now I know what happened to 'Chippy':D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I have not had it scored for B&C yet, have to wait my 60 days. The DWR measured it at 183 6/8 UT Score. Right horn is 38" long and 15 6/8 Base, Left horn 36 7/8" and 15 5/8" Base.
Right horn total score 91 7/8". Left horn total 90 4/8".
He carries his mass out good. I looked at a lot of Rams and I think he was the best one.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]Congrats! Awesome Ram!

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

He is a Great Ram KK, Congratulations! Punching your tag with a muzzleloader in hand makes it Sweeter Prize for sure. I plan on filling my Desert tag with my black powder gun as well when I draw. So I have to bring up the question, Did you pack another rifle or barrel for your Encore just in case of a distant shot or did you go All-Out and carry just this one gun after your OIL trophy?
Again, That's one Awesome ram, Well done!
Yak

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

I carried my bow, muzzle loader, and rifle. Most all the time I had 2 of the 3. When I killed my ram I had my muz and rifle.

I had my ram officially scored for Boone & Crockett and Long Hunter. The final score is 181 4/8.

Congratulations KK.
That about as good as Utah Rockys get, and I am guessing it is a new Long Hunter state record. Am I right?
Way to go.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-12 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]Thanks, He should be the #1 Muzzleloader Ram for UT.

he turned out very nice....he really looks good next to your sweet UT desert ram

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Thanks guys,
Littlebighorn, I have not heard any thing yet. I got the official score 181 4/8 and its in LH and I am still waiting on B&C. But thats all I know so far. I guess when Rusty Halls next Big game records book comes out I should know.

My brother lives in Green River, I meet Colby through him, Colby hunted with me around 3 or 4 days, We had a good time and we both learned a lot about sheep while we was hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom