RMNP wolf poll

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-08 AT 03:29PM (MST)[p]As of this moment, Wolves 54%, Hunters 40%, Sharpshooters 5%.

Mark

I voted . When did they put this poll up? Hasnt the decision already been made? I have heard that they already killed 100 . They are keeping it under raps .
As far as the wolves Im afraid they are already here. Had a plo cow tag and we hunted right on the fence to the park . Skittish suckers when you get off the roads away from the Boulderites with cameras wich they know cant kill them but you come across elk a mile away from the roads and they are skittish from the all the predators namely lions. We say so many carcases in there it would blow your mind and about every 1000 yards we cut a new set of lion tracks. We also saw two very large sets of canine tracks . Not yotes as those are a dime a dozen and around every dead elk we found . On one ridge alone that runs about 1.5 miles on the ranch we were on we counted 150 skeletons some were fairly fresh ie less than a month to I would sAY A YEAR OLD .
Dont kid yourself wolves are here. Didnt they find one hit on I70 last year with a tracking collar from Yellow stone? Ask a rancher in the Craig area what Dow has told them about wolves.

Thanks for your vote.

Hire sharpshooters to kill the elk. 5% 54 votes
Allow hunters to shoot the elk. 55% 593 votes

Introduce wolves to the park to eat the elk. 39% 427

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-08 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]>We say so many carcases
>in there it would blow
>your mind and about
>every 1000 yards we cut
>a new set of lion
>tracks. We also saw two
>very large sets of canine
>tracks. Not yotes as
>those are a dime a
>dozen and around every
>dead elk we found.
>On one ridge alone
>that runs about 1.5 miles
>on the ranch we were
>on we counted 150 skeletons...
>

Wow, are you exaggerating at all? That is incredible to believe!! What side of the park were you on?

I agree the wolves are already here. But it's probably a DOW secret because once it's official, they loose control and the Feds, courts and enviro wackos take over. What a joke. Like the wolves give a crap what the Feds, courts or enviro's argue about.

And to think many enviro's still believe the BS that wolves only kill the lame and the weak.

I think give RMNP another few years and the wolves and lions will eliminate this over-grazing issue they have all been spending boatloads of time and money discussing.

ElkScout
Colorado Springs, CO

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-08
>AT 10:57?AM (MST)

>
>>We say so many carcases
>>in there it would blow
>>your mind and about
>>every 1000 yards we cut
>>a new set of lion
>>tracks. We also saw two
>>very large sets of canine
>>tracks. Not yotes as
>>those are a dime a
>>dozen and around every
>>dead elk we found.
>>On one ridge alone
>>that runs about 1.5 miles
>>on the ranch we were
>>on we counted 150 skeletons...
>>
>
>Wow, are you exaggerating at all?
> That is incredible to
>believe!! What side of the
>park were you on?
>
>I agree the wolves are already
>here. But it's probably a
>DOW secret because once it's
>official, they loose control and
>the Feds, courts and enviro
>wackos take over. What a
>joke. Like the wolves give
>a crap what the Feds,
>courts or enviro's argue about.
>
>
>And to think many enviro's still
>believe the BS that wolves
>only kill the lame and
>the weak.
>
>I think give RMNP another few
>years and the wolves and
>lions will eliminate this over-grazing
>issue they have all been
>spending boatloads of time and
>money discussing.
>
>ElkScout
>Colorado Springs, CO

Not exaggerating at all . We were on the east side of the park . Lions are healthy and fat . Lions alone wont control the population as the cows have plenty of replacements . I feel as the el;k have increased the lions have too . The whole thing is way out of wack .
Found out today that 120 cows have been implanted with birth control and 40 of them will be killed next Jan to compre preg rates of treated and controls. 100 cows were also killed that part I have yet to have confirmed.

I hunted in unit 62 this last year and there were some hunters from Michigan that swore they say 2 wolves. I ask the local DOW guys and they said there were no wolves just over grown yotes in the unit.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-08 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]Well hey, if the officers are saying theres no wolves in the area i dont expect they would mind much if a bunch of "overgrown yotes'" start showin up with kindly placed little holes in their vital regions. Im just glad az's wolf problem has not blown up...........yet..

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

3% sharp shooters
70% Hunters
25% Wolf's

as of right now.

That only makes up 98% where are the other 2%.

Jeff

I have heard they are already across the WY/CO line
near the Mt Zirkel line. Dingo is eating your dog.
Dont know about strange weed talk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom