Ross Bows

FamousAddiction

I recently shot one this weekend and was very impressed of how smooth the draw was, it was quiet, and was spitting arrows pretty fast. I asked them to set it up at a 30" draw to fit me, shot a couple of times and then was curious to see how many lbs I was shooting, it felt like 63-65, but they told me it was bottomed out at 72lbs, I was in disbelief on how easy it was to draw that much. I turned it down to 68 lbs and shot it through the chrono with my hunting arrows (421 grains) and it hit 287 FPS. This particular model was the 09 Cardiac 31, single cam, single limb. It's a little short, but has a brace height of 7 1/4". Well to make a long story short, I traded in my 08 Reflex and bought it, was just having to many problems keeping the dual cams timed. It just seemed every other week I was taking it in to get my cams re-timed. If you never have shot a Ross, I strongly recommend you do, it's a great shooting bow at a pretty reasonable price ($649 09 Cardiac 31). I've been shooting the heck out of it the last 3 nights to get 150-200 shots so I can start tuning. At the end of my session last night, finally decided to shoot through paper, and got nothing but bullet holes. Also double checked brace height, ATA, and Tiller, everything was dead on. Well sorry about the long post, but figured I share a little info.36 days and counting until the opener here in CO!!!!

Nice! I've heard good things about them since they came out. Who's making them now? I've lost track.

Bowtech has taken over. The Bowtech "family" now includes Bowtech, Ross and Diamond. If I'm not mistaken, Ross still makes their own bows, but is owned by bowtech. Shoot one the next time you get a chance, they also make the Carnivore which is a duel cam, but I don't think it's as smooth as the Cardiac, single cam.

I actually shoot a Ross Cardiac as well and love it. G5 is now making the exact same bow as the Ross Cardiac now and I have shot their 09's. Exact same bow I have... Very well priced too!
Here is a link to the same as the above bow we have been talking about.
http://www.questbowhunting.com/qs31.php
redelkarcher>>>------------------>

I bought a 08' Ross Cardiac 33 for this season. I really enjoy it. Good hunting!

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. -John Wayne

they are a great bow I have a 334 from the first year they were out that I just cant justify to get rid of. Very easy to tune and they hit exactly where you aim. I would agree about the draw they are smooth.

I also shoot the 2006 cr334 model (first year) and can not but it down. It just plain shoots, other bows are a little faster but who cares when you spend three years fine tuning a bow and it hits where you aim. Most guys don't know what there current bow can really do as they think they need a new bow everyyear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom