ross/bowtech

muleymaniac81

I just talked to a guy at a 3D shoot on Sunday that has a Ross CR337. His riser bent. When he contacted Ross Archery in February, they informed him that the bow had been recalled due to riser malfunctions. He was supposed to recieve a replacement riser in 4-6 weeks. Now, Ross has sold to Bowtech, and BT told him that they couldn't do anything about the riser, but that they could do a deal on a replacement bow from Bowtech. I think that's a great deal, as I have a Commander and I love it. He says he just wants his Ross back. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Andy Ross by any chance? He's hoping that if he can talk to the former owner, maybe something can be resolved. I don't want to fault Bowtech, as this is completely out of their hands and I feel that they are a great company with an awesome product. Any suggestions?

I would have the guy call and leave a polite message for Andy at Bowtech since he now is working for them as rumor has it. Then when he calls ask him to help and explain situation. Ross bows will be marketed by Bowtech in the future as new models but they may decide that they won't honor warranty based on fact that they may not be able to machine a duplicate riser since G-5 has all the rights to the previous models. That's why they are willing to help him with a break on a new one. Fact is that may be the best offer he gets and may need to jump on it to get any resolution. I can see his side and Bowtech's too in that they didn't make it and the company that did is no longer in business. Andy is a decent guy and will try to do what he can. It's a sticky wicket at best! Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom