Roy Eastlick- B&C Muleys

S

ShaneR_LewID

A thread on Ray Cross reminded me of this guy- He has 2- 200" + net typicals he shot in "74 and '75 out of the Cuprum /unit 22 area.
Anyone have on run down of the story this guy must have? He lived in Council last I knew, I'm not sure if he is still alive. I tried to track him down a few times when passing thru Council to get a look at the bucks. Man, I'd really like to hear the story and see the bucks.

Is the story in the book greatest mule deer of Idaho. The guy that put the book together is from council.

http://www.elknut.com
Vortex Optics Dealer

I'm fairly certain that is a different guy that wrote the book! I know Roy, he's a heck of a great guy! I've been in his trophy room as well. I've never seen another even remotely close to it either! Roy has so many bucks on the wall it's incredible. His largest is a 39 1/2" buck & quite a few in the 30" to 36" range. He also had another 20 or more that were 23" + He had one 5 point bull on the wall. Said he doesn't care for elk. The Elk were lucky! (grin)

ElkNut1

I went ahead and took the time and looked in the book I referred to. The guy you are talking about that shot 2 200"+ bucks, his name is Roy Eastlick. The buck shot in 1975 went 203 4/8 and was 39"s wide with no cheaters sticking out. ranked 17th in Idaho

1974 he shot a buck that went 200 4/8 and both bucks are the same with at 39"s wide and all the other measurements are almost identical to each other. ranked 35th in Idaho

Both taken in Adams county.

The guy that wrote Idahos greatest mule deer is Ryan Hatfield and he dos live in Council Idaho.

Yeah, I forgot about that book... it did show a picture of the higher scoring buck, and gave a short narrative on how he killed it. I don't recall it mentioning anything about the other 200" net giant he took the next year, other than just showing the listing in the record book. -BTW the body on the one that the book had a picture of is unbelievable! It looks like a horse, and is the largest looking body I have seen anywhere, or in any picture!

I would think the whole story is worth more than a couple paragraphs at any rate! I don't think there is any other hunter that has 2 B&C 200"+ net typicals that are currently accepted into B&C. And he shot them in consecutive years! Maybe people have gotten too into "gross" score and don't really know what a 200" net typical really means, let alone 2 of them!

Roys wife was my high school P.E teacher.Roy has some tremendous trophies from the Adams county areas but is incredibly eclipsed by Roy Grossen and Howdie Young. I went to High school with Ryan Hatfield who wrote Idahos greatest mule deer. He lives in Wy. now and works for Eastmans

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom